Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European flat rate??

Options
  • 25-06-2005 5:28pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

KRG_Ac_Ire wrote:
    Does anybody know if any of the ISP's in europe provide flat rate dial up. Im talking about unlimited time based flat rate not the flat rate eircom provides.?? Eircom believe there is no such thing :/

AOL in the UK offer flatrate dialup for 15.99, I'm sure BT and Virgin do to

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Morgoth

BT's dial-up product is limited to 150 hours per month, £3.99 for the first 3 months then £15.99 thereafter. AOL is same price, first month free, unlimited time. Virgin is even cheaper at £12.49 pm for unlimited access (the latter two specifically mention 24/7 no time constraints so I guess you can't get thrown off even if you *do* leave it running all the time). There are numerous smaller ISPs in the UK that also offer unlimited access.

Not every European country has cheap flat-rate dial-up access though, I know some of the Scandanavian countries didn't have any flat-rate as of last year, not sure now. Then again, in many countries it's become rather redundant. ;/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

In Germany they stopped offering flat rate dialup in favour of offering cheap DSL instead. They line was pretty much that it would be dumb to offer outdated technology, since ADSL is available virtually everywhere, and costs about the same to provision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Scandinavia, i believe, has free DSL, a goverment-paid-for-thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Eurodsl

In Germany there are many providers of dslflat the cheapest I know of costs 4.95€ link http://www.arcor.de/privat/index.jsp no time or volume limit. Arcor have a telephone flat for 14.95 where you can call anywhere in germany for flat 24/7 but Germany is now mostly Dsl as far as the net is concerned.
    another cheap one http://www.congster.de/ also dsl flat stay on day and night if you wish and download all you want with no extra charge. A lot of them do it without connection charges too.
    The good thing is that there are lots of providers so they keep getting cheaper. I hope you can all benefit from something similar in Ireland soon.
    But looks like Eircom are digging there feet in same as telekom done here and held it all back for a while it will come don't worry keep up the pressure. Use an email adress like for example stillwaitingfordsl@eircom.de :-) or something else to annoy them I called the telekom over here and generally pissed them of and had also an e-mail address that made their advertisement of dsl available everywhere look pretty dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Eurodsl wrote:
    Use an email adress like for example stillwaitingfordsl@eircom.de
    " Your new email address is lessthan60percentcoverage@eircom.net " :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement