Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trousers!

• 25-06-2005 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Where can I find a decent pair of trousers that will suit developed hips and a smaller waist? (I`m a girl :o ). I`m sick of living in O`Neills, it does`nt matter if they are demin or whatever. I`m just sick of trying on pairs that fit my hips but are massive around the waist or ones that I can`t get past my hips! :rolleyes: .

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

I've exactly the same goddam problem...grrr. I'm about a size 8 or so, but am kinda curvy, plus i'm also ickle, so it's a flippin pain to find anything in my leg length...but other than than that there are advantages to being ickle, yay, go ickle-ness.

Anyway, back to original debacle..my solution for trousers is....(now by good trousers I don't know what you mean..so I'm just taking what I see as good trousers....)
    1) Topshop- petite range,they av a style of jeans, called lola methinks, they're pretty good, sit on ur hips, and are quite comfy, problem tho is taking up ye old leg

2) River Island jeans-go for their flared ones...purdy, but expensive tho, but I've always found that the flared ones are fairly good on the hips, plus they also different leg lenghts- xxl, xl, l r, s, xs. which is quite handy

3) Can't for the life of me remember the name of the shop...think it's Helter Skelter, but I remeber bout 6 months ago at the start of uni a friend had problems getting trousers of a certain kind, so this crowd made her a pair that she wanted, again, pricey but...

4) Dorothy Perkins- now I've had no luck here, as their size 8 is like a size 10 or 12 in me-boooooourns-but they are fairly accomodating on the whole waist/hip thing

5) Was recommended Miss Sixty jeans a while ago by a girl in work...still av to try them, but she swears by them...must ch-ch-check 'em out at some stage

6) Levis used to have a style too, 544, but they discontinued that (shakes fist in anger at pesky Levis Kids), they were AMAZING, fitted perfectly, a lil bit flared so sat over jeans and dealt perfectly with the whole waist/hips difference....grrr, I want those jeans again...grrr.

7) If it's mainly tracky bums your looking for, try Hairy Legs off liffey street, they've some decent susst ones, nice and comfy.

I wouldnt even bother trying Awear, Miss Selfridge, Dunnes, Penneys, etc-not a hope in hell. Maybe go into BT2 or O connors (how it pains me to say these things....shakes fist...yet again...) but u'd get a decent selection in there, and depending on the staff member, you might someone who is not pretenious, self obsessed, condescnding...but....anyway, you'd get an idea of what to look for.

I've always found it really difficult...being ickl and curvy is a bit of a pain at times, but hey, it's tough being perfect :p Good luck anyway and let me know how u get on

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Ickle ??? is that some sort of disease?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭inflight

Miss Sixtys never fail, always look good and are really comfy.. I love them so much, but I don't have big hips so I dunno!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

weedhead wrote:

feck off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭melancholymaidn

weedhead wrote:

ickle is a fantastic state of mind and figure ill have ya know! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

I'm ickle too and also curvy!!

I now have found that wrap skirts work wonders!!

i still havent found trousers to suit my shape...but when i do i will let you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Thanks for the suggestions!, I will look when I next get a chance. Unfortunately I am not ickle just curvy around the hips and waist.

Advertisement