Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aww look!

• 25-06-2005 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

sherbet_fountain.jpg

Where do they sell these thesedays?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

MissS wrote:
    Where do they sell these thesedays?

It's been a while since I saw them now, maybe if you ask the good people over here they'd be able to help you. I know I've seen them recently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MissS

I'm sorry...
    I was looking for that one...I thought it had dissapeared...so I thought the best place would be food and drink

Upon the use of google, I chanced across this place:

http://www.rememberthese.co.uk/cat.asp?CATID=8

And lo and behold the scrolling banner thing. 2 quid for a 4-pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭MissS

I'm not to keen on buying stuff on the internet.

Ah, good luck finding them, I can't think of too many places actually to look, those sort of sweets appear to have fallen by the wayside these days.

Should you happen to locate them let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I know Spar on Newtownpark Avenue in Blackrock had them last summer. Try all newsagents. There's a sort of old fashioned sweet shop on Angier Street in town. They may do them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

mace in dunlaoghaire sell em

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You can make it your self http://www.nexusresearchgroup.com/fun_science/sherbet.htm

# 1 Tablespoon Fruit drink powder
    # 1 teaspoon Citric acid
    # 1 teaspoon Tartaric acid
    # 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
    # 1 cup Icing Sugar.
    # Grind and mix well. Serve in paper bags.Yummy!

though you can just use
    2 table spoons citric acid
    1 table spoon baking soda
    less icing sugar
    the rest are just for taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

They sell them in the arcade-y place beside the UGC on Parnell Street (Dublin). They're not as good as I remember 'em tho :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i reeeeeaaaalllllyyyy want a dib dab.they were beautiful. i think they can be got around in some places.

defo in musgraves cash and carry.

All these nice sweeties. None too easy to come across these days. I don't think I like them enough to buy an entire boxful of them a.l.a. Musgraves though.\

Only place I can think to find those little beauties is the school shop....and that's no good at the moment. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

The Supervalu shop in Killester still sell them, I bought one only last week. They get regulare deliveries of them too as I've seen them arrive with other stuff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

This post has been deleted.

Eating one right now!! MMMMmmmm. the lolly is absolutely gorgeous!! And I get much more out of them thesedays.. when younger I seemed to get more down my jumper than in my mouth!! :rolleyes:

Also seen the sherbet fountains around the place..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Spar in fairview have sherbert fountains.

Advertisement