Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't make calls while using broadband????

• 25-06-2005 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

A friend of mine asked me to look into a problem he was having with his broadband connection he claimed that you could not hear anyone on the phone when he was on the net. The phone does ring but all you can here is static noise and the person on the other side can hear you but we can not hear them. I switched the dsl filter to a one that i know works but no joy. I also changed the Netopia Router. My next step was to ring eircom and they blamed it on the house having a line running to the bed room ( its not a extra line its just off the main Telephone) and that it would cost €100 to get an engineer out. Has anyone else ever seen this problem as he does not want to give eircom anymore money. The reason he got broadband was the fact the phone could be used at the same time. Any help would be great!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Make sure that the person is using a filter through every phone point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Ill give it a go. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

most likely filter although i have no filte ron one of my phone sockets, it's naturally no problem when bb interface is off but when it's on I can;t use that handset or it un syncs the bb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

jayo2004 wrote:
    A friend of mine asked me to look into a problem he was having with his broadband connection he claimed that you could not hear anyone on the phone when he was on the net. The phone does ring but all you can here is static noise and the person on the other side can hear you but we can not hear them. I switched the dsl filter to a one that i know works but no joy. I also changed the Netopia Router. My next step was to ring eircom and they blamed it on the house having a line running to the bed room ( its not a extra line its just off the main Telephone) and that it would cost €100 to get an engineer out. Has anyone else ever seen this problem as he does not want to give eircom anymore money. The reason he got broadband was the fact the phone could be used at the same time. Any help would be great!!!

Did have BB from UTV. Only fitted the filter at the point where the modem was and that cured it. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You need to have a filter on every phone socket in the house.

Typically in the room where you have the computer, you have a filter with two ports, one for the modem, the other for the phone. In every other room you should have a filter with only one port, a port for the phone.

BTW this includes fax machines, sky boxes, answering machines etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement