Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

g'way from my avatar!

• 24-04-2001 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

There's millions of them so stop taking mine smile.gif

Seriously - it'd probably be a pain in the **** to program but what about a little taken/not taken associated with the avatars?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

But Dogbert is so popular! smile.gif

Bet it would be a pain in the bum to program alright... no-one else seems to be bothered with my one anyway, which is just as well... it kinda suits my nick.

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

it would be a ***** to code, I just put in a code where users could use custom avatars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Thats why i chos a not particularly common avatar in the first place smile.gif

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Khan:
    it would be a ***** to code, I just put in a code where users could use custom avatars</font>

what a splendid idea *wink* , *wink*

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Bwuhahaha!

As a matter of interest, how did you find that? Were you looking to have the same one as me? :-)

John.
    --

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 24-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I just right-clicked on your avatar image and went to properties (was wondering what it was supposed to be smile.gif)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Khan:
    it would be a ***** to code, I just put in a code where users could use custom avatars</font>

and how do you ( or me for that matter) access this ?

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

hehe, me likes my avatar, powdered toast man is a dude.

Are ye still adding more avatars? If so lets see more from the Tick (carpet man, deflator mouse,chairface, the human tounge...etc,etc,etc) and why is there soooo many trekkie ones many of them look the same.

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
    P.S. I WON'T be adding any custom icons, don't bother asking. There should be enough general ones to pick from there...</font>

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by smoke-me-a-kipper (edited 25-04-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

well setup is different for me ... cause I use Ikonboards... but sure there is a hack for UBB.

but I have options to either ... allow users to input a url to a pic and that will show up ... or they can email me a pic and I'll set it up for them as custom ... just change the name and move it to a dir.

that last part I wouldn't recommend for this board ... since there is a large member count and everybody will want a custom one, and some will even change their mind. I only have to deal with at most 170 :-)

Advertisement