Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I Alone???

• 25-06-2005 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Am i the only person that has heard of a film called mystery science theatre 3000 the movie??? if i'm not alone please let your voice be heard and also does anyone know where to get it on dvd or tape??? (near galway)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

American Amazon have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Did I read that correctly as $132 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

DVDSOON as well and CHEAP :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

It was on utv not so long ago, afair,
    you could always wait for it to be shown again,
    im sure the likes of bravo or sci-fi channel would show it...
    132 is rediculous..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

sendit.com

cgf wrote:
    Did I read that correctly as $132 :confused:
    Yeah, it has been deleted in the UK since August 1997, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's not a film, it's a TV show. They have 3 guys sitting in a cinema watching and commenting on old B/W films. The had one that was released as an actual film, which they took the piss out of "This Island Earth". It's a great show and I hope they start showing some re-runs over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I remember it. I saw a DVD in Zhivago for €50 a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah i used to have it and i loved it to bits but it's a fecker cause i left it at my ex's mates house and have given up all hope of ever seein it again

• Advertisement

Okay...let's not have a heart attack here but it is on Sky Movies 8 this Sunday afternoon.

FILM: Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
    Channel: Sky Movies 8 308
    Date: Sunday 24th July 2005
    Time: 13:30 to 14:50
    Duration: 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Forced by a mad scientist to sit through endless sci-fi B- movies, Mike and his three robot pals make the most of their 'torture' by cracking jokes at the expense of 50s alienfest This Island Earth. Comedy.
    Director: Jim Mallon
    Starring: Trace Beaulieu, Michael J. Nelson, Jim Mallon, Kevin Murphy, John Brady
    (Widescreen, 1996, PG, 4 Star)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=58187
    Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I've seen this. I really don't think they're that funny at all.

Just get a copy of This Island Earth and make your own comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

i think its hilarious!! the film itself though without the comments is just as funny. a friend of mine has it on video, think he got it ex rental in a video store somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

OK Im a little confused. I always thought this was a series where every week they had a different movie on that they made fun off? Isnt Manos the hands of fate one of the movies? Maybe Im completely wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Babybing wrote:
    OK Im a little confused. I always thought this was a series where every week they had a different movie on that they made fun off? Isnt Manos the hands of fate one of the movies? Maybe Im completely wrong though.

they do/did have ones every week but they were short little movies (as far as i know anyway i only seen a few) the big mst3k the movie lasts about an hour and a half. i think the movie clears up some things left out in the series

Advertisement