Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XP Favorites Greyed Out

• 25-06-2005 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Was wondering if anyone has encountered this before,Using Internet explorer all my favorites have vanished,when I select "Favorites" nothing is there,plus its all greyed out,and finally if I try to add a site to the favorites,nothing happens? I have run a complete virus and spyware scan,nothing found,any help appreciated :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭7aken

could you have accidentally deleted the favorites folder??

check local disk(c) -> documents and settings -> current user .......... you should see a folder with a star icon called favorites..... if not you may have accidentally deleted it

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭cbr900

No,the favorites folder is there,just nothing in it.
    7aken wrote:
    could you have accidentally deleted the favorites folder??

check local disk(c) -> documents and settings -> current user .......... you should see a folder with a star icon called favorites..... if not you may have accidentally deleted it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

So, eh, your favourites are gone?

Yes,and when I try to add some,nothing happens,ie,the favorites are still empty.
    Fenster wrote:
    So, eh, your favourites are gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Did you uncheck "Show Hidden" and "Show System Files" in folder options?

• Advertisement

Yes,it looks to me like some file may be damaged,I tried to google it,but no solution available there either,so I'm using Firefox as my default browser,thanks anyway :confused:
    Fenster wrote:
    Did you uncheck "Show Hidden" and "Show System Files" in folder options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

eh...when did you install FireFox (or any other browser)? And when did the issue occurr/was first noted..

It happened a few weeks ago,I think it may have something to do with a site I visited for a programme crack,my spysweeper,microsoft antispyware,and nortons all popped up with alerts,but as far as I could tell,anything bogey was stopped from installing itself,and when I ran a complete system scan,nothing was found,there was however something showing in windows task manager (applications) but I just stopped it,I also ran hijack this,all ok,the only thing noticeable,is the favorites has vanished,and I cannot add any more :confused:
    Karoma wrote:
    eh...when did you install FireFox (or any other browser)? And when did the issue occurr/was first noted..

Advertisement