Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars/Motorbike board

• 24-04-2001 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Would it be possible to start a Car/Motorbike board. I notice there is nothing of that nature already.

You'd need a moderator though <ahem> <ahem> wink.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Theres been very rarely any conversation relating to motoring in the time I've been here, apart from sales on For Sale or motorsport on Sport occasionally.

I'd love one personally, but theres only a certain number of people who give a toss whether or not the rear lights on the new BMW Compact are ripped directly from a Lexus IS200 or the fact that the new A4 is just a Passat and Mondeo hybrid and theres even less people who care that this years Irish motorsport events have been thrown into absolute chaos with FMD... anyway these people should be shunned and laughed at... oh wait cancel that smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Bet ya a steak dinner it'll get more monthly posts than the likes of Literature or Gaeilge. or art and animation for that matter. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Neil3030 (edited 24-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Normally a board is created because 10 or so people pester the hell out of the forum they post in enough to annoy but not enough to warrent sending to Trolls.

RP board as an example. We originally used to post in the Quake forum. You can only guess how well Quake players took that.

Why not set up a community board. See clouds post in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    Why not set up a community board. See clouds post in this forum.</font>

i think that was what he was trying to do.

i'd love to see a forum of this sort. mad into all that kind of stuff.

- Ciaran
    smoke-me-a-kipper
    S-M-A-K bottom!!™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

The man has a point, not that I'm interested, I just have to give the man his point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i could ****e on all day bout motors smile.gif

waan stick one up, anything from advice on prices on 2nd hand motors to basic repairs, priv sales etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Added to the Community Boards. If popular enough it may be upgraded to the main section.

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 24-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Fat Sunny

Where is the community boards???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

link to it on the main boards.ie page.

on the right hand side near the top smile.gif

- Ciaran
    karate-kid.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement