Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Icons gone

• 25-06-2005 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

where.JPG

Gone again . where my media icons go.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Looks like they have lost their association. Right click and choose open with, choose Windows media player in the list, then put a tick in "Always use this program to open this type of file". It will re-associate the files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yeah done that only worked on Mpegs and WMV , avis and mp3s dont change.

Buggiing me now :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I had this problem once. I'm not logged into Windows of any sort right now, so this is rough:

Go into folder options and look for anything relating to hiding file extensions. Its an odd one, but checking it fixed it for me, going on a year back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fenster wrote:
    I had this problem once. I'm not logged into Windows of any sort right now, so this is rough:

Go into folder options and look for anything relating to hiding file extensions. Its an odd one, but checking it fixed it for me, going on a year back.
    Aye, that's the one. Tools > Folder Options > View > Deselect "Hide file extensions for known file types".

It looks to me like the .mp3 suffix has actually been removed from the files. If, after doing the above, you don't see a ".mp3" after each file name, try renaming one of the files to add .mp3 and see what happens.

Tried that say .mp3 now but still no icon :(

its gone all WINNT on me, added a few new filetypes for Xp to open a games compressed folders think that what did it.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Open up Windows Media Player. Hit Tools > Options > File types.

Hit "Select All" then apply.

See if that sorts it.

If not, you may need to download TweakUI and rebuild your icons.

Actually, check anything you've installed recently. Loads of progs - winamp for example, have a nasty habit of messing with extension relationships when they're loaded.

Getting TweakUi , didnt know it was out for XP. Handy for 98 back in the day :D

kdjac

Advertisement