Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board Topics

Options
  • 17-04-2001 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

a little irritating thing I find.. I have both Music/Radio and Technology bookmarked.

They both show up as "boards.ie/bulletin" .. any chance of adding the board name to the title?

If its possible for individual threads I assume it would be achievable for boards also.

It would be so much easier browsing through the browsers history then as well smile.gif

Cheers,
    Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

I can answer that with a no :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

You can just change the properties of your bookmark.

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I could and have... but that wont solve the history problem.
    Plus as you know topic is pretty important for search engines... i cant ever see a case where id be searching for boards.ie/bulletin smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

ikonboard does :-) hehehe
    sorry had to get that in there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

i might be on to something...

[This message has been edited by Neil3030 (edited 26-04-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 His Holiness Pope JP II

the religion board is in my favourites

[This message has been edited by His Holiness Pope JP II (edited 26-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

OK ive discovered something that may actually be usefull for a change.

when you open a page on boards, the address usualy stays as www.boards.ie.

so when u bookmark it it will link you to the homepage.

so what i do is open up the page i wish to bookmark, eg, communities/motors, (which is an excellent forum i might add) wink.gif then i right click in the background and select properties, get the URL which i copy and paste into the address bar, click enter and you will still be on the page. HOWEVER!!! the url will have changed from www.boards.ie to http://www.boards.ie/cgi-bin/community/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Motors&number=5&DaysPrune=10&LastLogin=. at this point you can bookmark it and it will link you to where u want to go.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We are hoping to set up redirectors such as the new one at www.boards.ie/gaeilge which redirects to our new Irish board.

So, you should see www.boards.ie/technology sometime before the Earth stops revolving.

DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

or you could bookmark www.boards.ie/tribes and then just click the link for Tech. smile.gif

Advertisement