Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good News

Options
  • 26-06-2005 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Reading this forum brings back all those oul memories of my post-Leaving Cert (or as we called it back then, the Summer Quiz) sunny months, and so I thought I'd just remind ye, even though you probably don't need to be reminded, of All The Good Things about this summer and beyond.

1. For most of you, you never have to do those horrible subjects that you never liked, ever ever again. From now on, you actually get to pick things you like, and have some semblance of an interest in. Goodbye respiration, except for your daliy use of it to live. Goodbye grammar, you can now all revert to the preferred medium of text speak. Goodbye maths, the most you'll be doing from now on is calculating how it is possible to live on a student budget of exactly 23 euro per week and still get smashed more often than not.

2. Most of you get to go away on a holiday which will leave you whiter, sicker and more disturbed than you were when you departed. In other words, the best holiday of your life.

3. College, wheee! Fresher's week where you are feted by every club and society under then sun who will try and get you to fork over some of that precious 23 euro budget. You have been warned.

4. You'll never ever have to do exams as hard as the Leaving ever again. College exams tend to have a hell of a lot more reliable hints, the lecturers are the people who actually set the papers too, which tends to make guessing a lot easier. Two weeks of cramming and a glorious 2:2, hurrah.

5. Moving out? Prepare to discover that there are many exciting and different ways in which you can use stale bread to make a nutritious evening meal. But you'll be having too much fun to notice the hunger pangs.

I've run out now, and it's also 2am. Feel free to add on the other stuff you're looking forward to, it gets me all teary eyed and makes me say things like "eeehhh, to be young again".

Comments

Best Thread Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Vainglory: A legend of the boards in the making!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

rag week

oh sweet sweet rag week

gettin to watch both the 1.30 episode AND the 6.30 episode of home and away
    (while eating corn flakes)

munster n irish rugby team trainin there!
    (anyone who sees a strange girl in a rain coat standin outside the dressingrooms in ul, give us a wave!)

not having to act sober when comin home from pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

not having to act sober when comin home from pub!

So, now you get to act drunk? :D

Roll on this time next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

munster n irish rugby team trainin there!
    (anyone who sees a strange girl in a rain coat standin outside the dressingrooms in ul, give us a wave!)

lol, i'll join you, bring on the men!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭captain_frances

Old repeats of Greece Uncovered at 2am

Dr. Phil episode about a fat village (I kid you not!) at 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

gettin to watch both the 1.30 episode AND the 6.30 episode of home and away
    (while eating corn flakes)

add a hangover and you got me spot on !

Advertisement