Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new MMOG...

Options
  • 26-06-2005 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Somewhat sooner than I'd have thought.

What is out there, with depth in non-combat areas, and not just something with a big tradeskills tree for me to grind away at..?

I played Asheron's Call 1 for four years, on and off, and plan to give the new expansion a try out. Its combat system is the best in any MMOG I've ever tried. That and its extensive PvM will always have me coming back.

I played AO for two years and don't really carry any fond memories. It had a terrible dev team with a terrible "vision", not to mention a crappy game design in general.

I've played World of Warcraft for eight months now. While I like the game a lot, I find that most of what I do is run around herbing/mining and PvPing anyone I meet out in the wide world. I've always hated big PvM raids and Battlegrounds have taken most of the PvP action out of the "real" server, which I don't like either. Its good on PvM servers, but on PvP...? Its sort of killed the server.

I've also tried EQ1, EQ1, DAoC, AC1 and Eve.

So I'm looking for something new, hah. What's out there, in beta or otherwise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pyxxel

Well Fenster....

As you can see in my other thread, I'm playing Second Life.... whatever you think of it, I can guarantee you it's unlike anything you have tried so far.

There's no skills tree. No slugging at menial tasks. Yes there are regions in the game world where you can stage fights, but you needn't do that. There is no character development... except, that you can adapt and modify your avatar until the cows come home. The real beauty is that whatever skills you learn lie with YOU, not with your character in game.

The other beauty is that in SL, you can literally do ANYTHING. (...and yes, for you one-track-minded people, it includes mature content :p ) You can build anything in the world. You can create clothes. You can write scripts. You can upload music, pictures, videos, whatever, set up a cinema, a nightclub, build castles, waterfalls, forests, fly planes, drive cars or go rollerskating... there really are no limitations - except of course your free time :D...

...and.... there are very few assholes in the online world hehe...

Advertisement