Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 questions

Options
  • 26-06-2005 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

1. What is the @xxx number that follows the date on the main page?

and

2. When was the longest gap between 2 consecutive posts?

Just curious on this.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

2. Probably about 7 years, I seem to remember someone dragging up a 1998 thread on Quake or games forum some time ago. (maybe it was 1999)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Gordon wrote:

ah. neat.
    Gordon wrote:
    2. Probably about 7 years, I seem to remember someone dragging up a 1998 thread on Quake or games forum some time ago. (maybe it was 1999)

no i don't mean on the same thread. on the fromt page now the maximum gap between 2 posts is 1 min. earlier it was 2 or 3. i'm thinking it might be new year's eve or christmas maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

When boards was down some time ago I'd say.

Strange question..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd say th elast huge outage (wasn't boards down for an entire weekend last year?). I have seen gaps of 20-30 minutes around 6am though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

/Steveire jumps into the archive, and finds this. Also, it's still possible to post in the first thread on After Hours (back when it was the Adra board apparently), but monty would stick his bannage stick into your orifice if you did such a thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Steveire wrote:
    /Steveire jumps into the archive, and finds this. Also, it's still possible to post in the first thread on After Hours (back when it was the Adra board apparently), but monty would stick his bannage stick into your orifice if you did such a thing...
    I'm very tempted, but don't want to incur the infamous Wrath Of Monty™ ;)

Advertisement