Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 - Performance?

Options
  • 26-06-2005 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hey guys, how does smoothly does battlefield 2 run on medium spec machines? i am in the states right now, picked up my copy on tuesday but unfortunately i won't be able to play it until i get home in 2 weeks... :( I am a tad worried about the whole performance issue though, reviews on it never seem to give me much of an idea how it'd run on a okayish machine, mine is a athlon 2600+, 1gb ram, and a geforce 5700.....runs games like half life 2 on top everything, but i still wonder about bf2.....how is it playing for everyone as regards performance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Be grand on medium 800x600 may push 1024 with some tweaking.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Every thing full detail , 2x anti aliasing , 1600x1200@full hertz. Runs solidly at just over 80 fps on this machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

And Citizen_Erased your machine is??

Hey Willymuncher
    I'd guess 1024x768 with most of the settings on Medium and dynamic effects on low or off.
    Should run fine then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Yeah , prob not a mid spec machine but I misread the title.

1024x768 definately good , defo no antialiasing and unless you have a sound card you'll need to turn the sound quality down - not that much of a sacrifice.
    Shadows are easily discarded also and tou know whatever your preferneces might be after tat. It's all about trying differant stuff.

Advertisement