Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal gear solid on the big screen!!!

Options
  • 26-06-2005 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

...Nope not a movie (scared you didnt i?)

but instead this:

http://www.landmarktheatres.com/theatre_rentals_frm.htm
    Is your TV Set at home becoming too small for the game aficionados in your household? Do you want to have a larger than life experience? Ski the slopes on 20 foot high screens? Well you can now. Bring in your own system and we’ll hook it up to our digital projectors and surround sound system. This is the ultimate gaming experience...

Please tell me there is somewhere in ireland that allows this?

Regardless though if you did have a night of gaming on a huge cinema screen which games would you have on it?

well as you can guess from the title i would throw on the metal gear solid titles, get someone who is half decent at it to play i'll relax at the back with the popcorn enjoying the action movieness of it.

funny though for multiplayer i would prob get in a few retro games like bomberman or sonic 2 or street fighter 2 in just so its big (course it might get pixilated.

sadly it doesnt include pc's where it would be pretty cool tohave half life 2 up there...and it would be funny playing battlefield 2 online and when the spec boasting start mention..."yeah...playing mine on the UGC Cinema projector with dolby cinema surrond :D"

If anyone else here is actually in the new york area willing to go halfs (or thirds etc) on renting one of these screens?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Wow that's pretty cool.

Dead Or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball :D - oh yeah.
    I'll be in New York in november if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

damn leaving back to ireland in august...gonna try and convince local cinema to let ust try this with their digital projector

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

eye toy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I's say that would cost a bit, I wouldn't mind a bit of MGS on the big screen myself. Although if they did it I'd love a game of Doom 3 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

super smash brothers! & Burnout 2.

• Advertisement

eye toy :)
    DAMN!!!

that would be so f*cking cool...

also doom 3 would be cool aswell

was thinking crimson skies and starfox games would be cool.and Burnout 3 single player just for crashes

OH OH OH!! Legend of zelda four swords would be funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

What are those things like goggles that you put on with displays?
    Theyre ment to be somewhat akin to a big screen

\edit\ Far Cry's landscape scenery on big screen *drools*

its not just a big screen...its a bloody cinema!!! how cool is playing games in a freakin cinema!!

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    its not just a big screen...its a bloody cinema!!! how cool is playing games in a freakin cinema!!
    What sorta connections do they use?
    Would you need an extension cable for the vidio i/o?

they run it off a digital projector so i'm guessing it would be similar to hooking a console up to a pc.

• Advertisement

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    they run it off a digital projector so i'm guessing it would be similar to hooking a console up to a pc.
    Ooh always wanted to do that, stupid crappy 14" tv :rolleyes:

Would you need any adapters? Tv uses scart afaik

Hmm. I'd have to say in terms of games Call Of Duty would be pretty cool. As would NFSU 2 or Project Gotham 2.

Oh, or what about C&C Generals? Everything would be close to life-size...it'd be like real life world-taking-over-ness! Cooooool..

Dawn of War
    Life-sized dreadnought.......terrifing ;)

DANCE DANCE RVOLUTION? put cinema sound to test!

Do you know what would be deadly? Silent Hill on a cinema screen, bloody yoke was scary enough on a small el cheapo 14 inch never mind a massive projector thing.

grimloch wrote:
    Do you know what would be deadly? Silent Hill on a cinema screen, bloody yoke was scary enough on a small el cheapo 14 inch never mind a massive projector thing.
    That was not scary! Residents Evil the origional with zombies fallin out of cupboards...now that was scary :o But yeah Doom3 would be deadly :eek:

Hang on, I've just had a brilliant idea. We hook a pc up to the cinema screen........And watch DVD's on it!

Perfect. Lord Of The Rings trilogy anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Radiant Silver gun would be lovely on a massive screen. For multiplayer it would have to be SF3 or Smash Bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

3 words: Halo. 2. Multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Final Fantasy X because it has a lot of fmv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

rome: total war tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I'd still go with the original idea of MGS. God of War wouldn't be too bad either.

hehe 4 player chu chu rocket? charge stoners to watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

resi 4 would be kick ass on a big screen. nice sound and would be like a real film!!!

id settle for a nice game of pro evo 4 on it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I'd buy a new game and bring it with me. Gran Turismo 4 maybe.

Actually, screw that - PRO EVO!!! I have it hooked up to my 5.1 dvd player at home and the spectator chants surrounding you really pulls you into the game. You could bring your own crowd too and have a tournament. If they have a few projectors you could have a few games going at once. Then use the big screen for semis and the final. Oh yeah!

*gets excited like a kiddie at christmas*

*goes shopping for a projector*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

The resolution of a digital projector would be quite higher than a TV out put from a video console, so the picture might look quite pixelated if you just brought along you PS2 and hooked it up. A PC with a kick ass video card would be better, pump half life 2 up to full resolution, sit yourself down in the middle of the theature with a wireless keyboard and mouse (a good high freq Logitec one) and enjoy City 17 in full true wide screen :-)

I wonder how much it costs? Probably a couple of hundred dollars I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Super Smash Bros Melee. That is all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Spike wrote:
    Hang on, I've just had a brilliant idea. We hook a pc up to the cinema screen........And watch DVD's on it!

Perfect. Lord Of The Rings trilogy anyone?

Actually i know of a cinema that has two projectors capable of playing DVDs. when i worked there we had Southpark on one and Dazed and Confused on the other during a staff party.

How about singstar?

Or multiplayer Tetris?

Wipeout maybe?

Max Payne 2 for about 5 minutes before someone puts on the matrix revolutions, gets a root up the arse and the original is put on instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

pong

• Advertisement

Super Mario World tbh. Realistically I'd love to play any of the likes of GTA: San Andreas, games like Rome:Total War and any games with things jumping out at ya from every imaginable place. Putting thought into it I'd go with San Andreas.

Advertisement