Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cannot access internet using nokia 6820 as modem

Options
  • 26-06-2005 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have been trying since 2 weeks to use my NOKIA 6820 as dial up modem through the data cable (which connects my phone to my laptop) ....but it just dont work...I have a a vodafone contract phone with GPRS enable sim card....

i did all the driver settings. It takes me to where it says (after dialling) verifying user and password, but it says remote computer not responding....pls advise

thank you

Comments

I'm not sure if you've done this already but I'll mention it anyway.

You need to add an initialisation string to the phone. Go to Control Panel and open the Phone and Modem Options section. Click the Modems tab, double-click your phone, then select the Advanced tab. Enter this string into the Extra Settings box, exactly as its written below:

at+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.vodafone.ie"

Click OK, close the Modem options and try to connect again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 alykhalil

Karsini wrote:
    I'm not sure if you've done this already but I'll mention it anyway.

You need to add an initialisation string to the phone. Go to Control Panel and open the Phone and Modem Options section. Click the Modems tab, double-click your phone, then select the Advanced tab. Enter this string into the Extra Settings box, exactly as its written below:

at+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.vodafone.ie"

Click OK, close the Modem options and try to connect again.

no..i havent exactly tried this but do i need to change anything in " at+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.vodafone.ie" "

i mean it connects very fine with my fone infrared to the PC and i am able to surf the net but it just wont do the same with the cable connection to the pc. If the IR can connect so should the cable. isnt it ? there the problem lies...i even tried the same string of the IR for the cable but no luck...it reaches to a stage where it says " verifying user name and password " and thats it...says " the remote computer did not respond 2
    thank you...

Advertisement