Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfer from eircom to BT

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Eircom will send you a cheque,but it will not be issued untill thier next billing period (ie 2 months after you got your final bill)... I switched from Eircom to BT & found the whole transfer very smooth, 9 days after ordering on line the modem arrived & the line was enabled by that time...Billing has been spot on since, which seems to be where BT have most of thier probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Sarsfield wrote:
    I got my final bill from Eircom today! They owe me €45.45 for the unused part of my line rental for the billing period :D

I haven't called them, but do they send a cheque or what?

Sight, still no BB here. Having lots of trouble. Sent a complaint letter to complaints@btireland.ie a few minutes ago.

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~svan/blog/?p=23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Thats pretty rough Sarunas. Especially taking a day off work and no engineer arriving. Out of interest, why do you need an engineer to come out to you?

Sarsfield wrote:
    Thats pretty rough Sarunas. Especially taking a day off work and no engineer arriving. Out of interest, why do you need an engineer to come out to you?

He needs to do some tests on the line, Digiwebs BB check says "Engineer visit required Your line may be suitable for adsl but will require a visit from an engineer."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i've still no BB either from ESAT BT.....quite pissed off tbh. Rang up yesterday and i was told my apllication was stalled till i gave them a €125 deposit.....nobody told me that one before. :mad:

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    i've still no BB either from ESAT BT.....quite pissed off tbh. Rang up yesterday and i was told my apllication was stalled till i gave them a €125 deposit.....nobody told me that one before. :mad:

Mail complaints@btireland.ie. I did get a reply from them this morning. Hopefuly, I will be sorted out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

RuggieBear wrote:
    The exact same thing happened to me today. I ordered BB about 3 weeks ago, heard nothing til I rang them today and I got the same €125 charge before we can proceed. Then have to wait 10+ days for the bloody thing to arrive.

I'm start to freaking hate BT!

Got a call from customer care, saying that if eircom does not activate my line by august 28 they will organise an engineer visit! Do you believe this ****? I ordered in early july and will have to wait for 2 months to get BB!

Going to contact complaints first thing on monday morning.

This is just getting beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Don't mean to be lazy....I've looked through the first few pages of this thread to try and find an answer....I'm in the middle of an IOL BB contract. My line is with eircom. Is there much involved in changing my line to BT. I think there is a €50 connection fee, but still works out cheaper over the course of a year.

My first direct debit appeared on my credit card today. Paid to Esat Fusion! I remember that name from my no-limits days! Has the billing system improved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Sarsfield wrote:
    My first direct debit appeared on my credit card today. Paid to Esat Fusion! I remember that name from my no-limits days! Has the billing system improved?

Nope! I got my first ever paper bill from them this week, have had a BB contract since before Christmas, and a dial-up one before that. Think they've only taken two payments so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dec4

OK finally up and running on BT Broadband. Ordered originally on 5th July tho' website says 25th!?
    Now a few questions that some of you might be able to answer..
    1. When I'm connected LAN icon says 100.0 Mbps for a 1 MB service?
    First isp test speed - 1.38Mb down, 80kbit up.
    How do I check upload/download speed on my line?
    3. Tried using ADSL microfilter to my DECT phone, however when I plug in filter quality of phone line is atrocious..tinny echo making reception almost incomprehensible..no problem if I remove microfilter..are they really necessary. Incidentally I tried both single microfilters supplied by BT. They have offerred to send me another but could they BOTH be faulty?
    Thanks in advance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

The 100Mbps is the network speed between your PC and your router, not your internet connection speed.
    The speed test result is a bit low. It should be around 1.72 down and 102 up. Check the connection speed on your router. It should be 2048 down and 128 up. If it's lower your line might not be capable of the full 2MB speed and the router has adapted to the fastest possible speed. Disconnect everything from the phone line and run the speed test again.
    Try plugging a different phone into the filter to rule out the phone as the problem. Using the filters is very important on all devices connected to the phone line (fax, sky digibox etc). Not using them will affect your connection speed and could result in your broadband disconnecting everytime the phone rings.

run the speed test again.
    Kaiser, thanks but the test speed I quoted was from a previous post by 8track. How do I do this??
    Tried another wall-mounted phone and in this case I do need filter to eliminate background static/noise. However same microfilter definitely interferes badly with the cordless one. I leave it off and hope for the best..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Dec4 wrote:
    Kaiser, thanks but the test speed I quoted was from a previous post by 8track. How do I do this??
    Tried another wall-mounted phone and in this case I do need filter to eliminate background static/noise. However same microfilter definitely interferes badly with the cordless one. I leave it off and hope for the best..
    Go HERE to run a speed test :)

Cheers Kaiser, v useful link..
    Download is 858 kbps / Upload is 80 Kbps...53ms round trip
    For a 1MB service I'm satisfied..

i rang BT again today. my order has been frozen as eircom won't release my phone line as far as they are concerned it's still with UTV Clicksilver. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've got a ****ing cancellation number from UTV and when i called them today they told me as far as they were concerned i was disconnected from them.

I'm ****ing sick of this. i ****iing knew i should have stayed with utv in the first place. it's not ****ing possible for any of these mother****ers to allow things to go smoothly.

God knows when i'll get broad band again. :mad: :rolleyes:

finally, got BB :).

Picked up my modem today..

On BB test, I got 858/73.1.

still no BB for me. Seemingly ESAT have asked Eircom to release my line 4 or 5 times now..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My only gripe with the whole transfer was that they charged me for BB from 29th July, yet modem wasn't sent until 10th August (told them in advance that I was on hols that week!) and I didn't get up and running until 19th August.
    Rang BT billing "you're charged from the day the DSL signal is sent down the line". Bit of a joke...

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    still no BB for me. Seemingly ESAT have asked Eircom to release my line 4 or 5 times now..... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

now been asked 7 times and still eircom wholsale are asking them to resend the request for releasing the line to them.

What a ****ing joke :mad:

RuggieBear wrote:
    now been asked 7 times and still eircom wholsale are asking them to resend the request for releasing the line to them.

What a ****ing joke :mad:

Complain formally, then report the situation to ComReg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Well mabye all these f**k ups are because BT Broadband has proved more popular than they initiall assumed and are not capable of setting up all these new connections so now some people are just getting lost in the paperwork???

Advertisement