Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox to Xbox Link

• 26-06-2005 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

How do I transfere files between xboxes?

I tried using the Xbolink, set it up on both machines but all it said was waiting for connection. Am I doing anything wrong??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

I dunno what xbolink is. The newer versions of unleashx have an ftp client in the file explorer. It's easy to use just hook the 2 xboxes up with a crossover cable or through a switch and set their ip addresses to something on the same range (e.g 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3). then go to the ftp browser option in the unleashx file explorer to see the other xbox's name, connect to it and copy files back and forth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

good advice, didnt realise unleash x supported this, it's the best dashboard imo, heres another reason.

didnt realise unleash x supported this
    yep, they nicked the technology from the avalaunch dashboard team so it supports their boost mode feature as well for faster than normal ftp transfer. Just press start in the file explorer and select 'switch to ftp browser'. It will automatically pick up the names (nicknames) of xboxes on the same subnet so you dont need to specify ip addresses if you dont want to. The queue system is much better than xbftp as you can build up a more complicated queue with different sources and destinations and then let it run. A handy tip is to enable the LED flashing for ftp in the system settings so you can tell when it's finished without having to keep watching your TV.

V0.38 build 565 has the most stable ftp client so far, older versions had various problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

good advice, didnt realise unleash x supported this, it's the best dashboard imo, heres another reason.

XBMC is the best dash without a doubt...

in your opinion :rolleyes: im MY opinion, i think unleash x is great, yeah i have the latest build, i run the live update every few weeks to check ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Theres a full featured ftp client in xdsl also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Ok, so I was told that I had to make sure the ip's are static (done) and that the dhcp is turned on. What is the dhcp?

Also one xbox is running Avalaunch and the other is using Evox. Does that cause problems? Should they both be running the same dashboard?

sprinkles wrote:
    Ok, so I was told that I had to make sure the ip's are static (done) and that the dhcp is turned on. What is the dhcp?
    Static addressing is where the ip address is manually entered which is what you want to do. The DHCP setting will only work if you have something on the network (e.g a cable/DSL modem or router) that is running a DHCP server. This is very handy because you just plug in your xbox to the network and it grabs the correct network settings. But if you use a crossover cable then you only have 2 xboxes connected together so no DHCP server and hence you need to set them to static and then specify IP addresses manually in the way I mentioned before (subnet mask = 255.255.255.0 and the gateway, dns etc are not needed here since you are not connecting to the net)
    sprinkles wrote:
    Also one xbox is running Avalaunch and the other is using Evox. Does that cause problems? Should they both be running the same dashboard?
    For ftping in general you need to connect to an ftp server on one machine using an ftp client on another machine. Every dashboard has an ftp server but only two have an ftp client, unleashx and avalaunch. The ideal setup would be to use unleashx or avalaunch on both xboxes but you can do the following: use the ftp browser (client) in avalaunch to connect to the ftp server in evox. The username is xbox, password=xbox, port=21

You never said what method you use to hook the xboxes up? I'm assuming you use a crossover cable

I am using a crossover cable. Thanks for the help, I'll try again tonight.

just out of interest what are you transfering?? game saves,music?

• Advertisement

I'm transfering Games. About 15 or so

:o Thtas gonna take a while, could you not just ftp to pc and burn? just what i'd do, no of my business ;)

yeah but the ftp to my pc is taking years. I'm only getting 250kB/s

:eek: :eek:

Advertisement