Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 26-06-2005 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

It seems that new posts on private forums are not getting through any filters on the front page. Also, cuckoo threads are not getting through the Subbed filter like they used to.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Is no one else experiencing this? I find it most annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, I'm getting that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah the mod posts aren't getting through. Must be all private fora. I tried unsubscribing and then subscribing back again but to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Maybe to stop people clicking on them and then getting the "access denied" message and then coming here to quiz the matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

grimloch wrote:
    Maybe to stop people clicking on them and then getting the "access denied" message and then coming here to quiz the matter?

they should only be visible to people with access - so that wouldn't be the case

• Advertisement

It's only been like that since the changes were made to the front page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

grimloch wrote:
    I think Steveire is referring to the Subbed option on the frontpage that allows you to see all the posts from the forums you're subscribed to and not just the recent posts which would allow people who don't have access to the forums to see the topic titles which could lead to a problem such as if you had a thread with a topic called, for instance, "I hate grimloch" :)

Bit annoying if you're using the frontpage as a filter to see new topics from the boards you subscribe to

steveland? wrote:
    I think Steveire is referring to the Subbed option on the frontpage that allows you to see all the posts from the forums you're subscribed to and not just the recent posts which would allow people who don't have access to the forums to see the topic titles which could lead to a problem such as if you had a thread with a topic called, for instance, "I hate grimloch" :)
    Bingo and
    steveland? wrote:
    Bit annoying if you're using the frontpage as a filter to see new topics from the boards you subscribe to
    Bingo. How do you browse boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Fixed.

woohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Steveire wrote:
    Bingo. How do you browse boards?
    Subbed thingy in the drop down... I just click on the ones with *s beside them

Advertisement