Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

conker live and reloaded.

• 26-06-2005 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭

anyone else finding this game to be pretty poor online??? its very frustating and extremely hard to tell whos on whos team. the names of your enemies are supposed to be in red but it is very close to the same colour of the green that is your team mates. its extremely hectic and not as fun as i was hoping. whats your thoughts?

the one player is as good as ever and still hilarious. an amazing one player game but i thought the game was delayed so much to do stuff with the xbox live part. i think they couldve done a bit more tbh

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

still have to play it online but I've heard a few complaints alright, such as connecting issues too.

Hopefully they'll do an auto update in a few weeks and iron out any problems, this is probably one of the biggest online featured games MS have made in a while, so I don't see them abandoning it, hopefully there'll be at least half the support given to Halo 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

from what ive played it has nothing on the N64 version

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's more to do with the fact that the N64 game is overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It's more to do with the fact that the N64 game is overrated.

Take it back !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

i played the N64 one and couldn't really understand what all the fuss was about :(
    Rare's quality seems to have dropped since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

never played the n64 original, but i love this version

he is just so damn cute :-)

and i love
    when you leave the controller idle for a while ad watch what happens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the one player is better imo cause the controls on the n64 were rubbish especially for the shooting parts.

the multiplayer has gotten a whole lot better. it has a very steep learning curve and takes ages to know what youre supposed to do on a map but once you get it it can be good fun. still a bit too hectic for a team based game though. and there is only like 9 or so maps which could get old pretty quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

aside from the controls on conker's bad fur day on the n64 is was class way better than the x box version
    rare have been terrible this generation
    star fox adventures was terrible and live and reloaded aint anything special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

In my experience most of Rare's platformers have been around the average area tbh, while the Donkey Kong Country series hasn't really aged well. For most of them once ye look past all those lurvly graphics, the repetitive gameplay just doesn't hold up.

I have played a good bit of the N64 Conker's Bad Fur Day. It's a good laugh but it recycles the same Rare platform formula™. Collect, repeat, collect, repeat... yawn...

Is it true that Microsoft removed all the swearing? Would make the game useless then...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep. I heard it's all bleeped out to 'add to the hilarity'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

some is bleeped out, some isnt
    eg:
    f*ck is; piss isnt

was it like that on the n64?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Indeed. No f*cking around on the N64 either. Sh*t was censored occassionally too. They were allowed say it eleven times, after that it was bleeped. It's a compromise that doesn't favour one side over the other, so I suppose it doesn't have to make sense.

Oh, and sometimes swearing is funnier if it's bleeped. Especially the odd litany, as heard in South Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I dont have the game (i dont even have an Xbox) but i heard that you can unlock the swearing in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

apparently the swearing is unlockable. seems stupid tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

You can only Uncensor the multiplayer part of the game so ive heard. :(

Advertisement