Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you think you did?

Options
  • 26-06-2005 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Well this board is probably on its last legs, and it'll be dead for a few months. But before everyone leaves, how do you think you did? Do you think you did well enough to get the points you need? Do you think you fulfilled your potential? Did you fail horribly :D ? I know everyone says you shouldn't do "Post-Mortems", but sometimes they lift any stress/pressure you have over how you did, and you can get on with the rest of your summer.
    Maybe we can have a similar thread in August about 'How you did', and compare.

Anyways, this is how I got on...

English I & II (H) - B2 Not as good as I wanted, but should be enough
    Maths I & II (H) - B2 Paper I was tough, but I think I got enough done in both papers to have a good shot at a high B.
    French (H) - B1 This was the exam I did the least study for, but I found the comprehension/aural way easier than anything previous years.
    History (H) - B3 Damn you France & Bismarck! Section C was very stretched for me, not to mention my crappy handwriting/only 3 or 3 and a half pages per topic - all of which hurt me in this subject :(
    Physics - A1 I didn't do any homework/study in Physics until the last 3 months before the leaving cert. And I stayed up until 4am for a few nights before Physics. Damn did it pay off! (I hope)
    Chemistry - A2 Probably my best subject, everything seemed alright in the exams - just a few places where I could lose marks.
    Irish (O) - D1 I worked hard to get this far.
    LCVP - Distinction My prepapred reports etc. were inch perfect, don't see myself getting less than 80% here.

Need at least 480 points to get into the courses I want, but 500 to be assured of getting a place. Pretty optimistic... although this might go terribly wrong in August.

Have a fun summer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Eng C1: didn't do anything for 5years, but it was a great paper. i only knew Dickinson...

irish:8th subject so i don't care! c/b?

Maths:C1 learned most of the course in a couple of days, paper2 was great

History: A1, perfect for me, blessed i did brit reform as well as france

Geography: A1, perfect field and map, would have prefered italy but i think i got enough in the other sections to get me through

Classics: A1, i was ****ting going in but the paper was the best i've seen in years....had a dream about one of the statues coming up...

Business: A1, the easiest subject on the leaving! did hardly anything for it, just a few classes after school.

Chemistry: A1, i think...marking is tough in that subject and i made a couple of mistakes but i did 10q so i'm pretty safe..

and i only need 350 for dcu...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

English (O): B2 i am hoping for I got a C1 in the mocks so i should get it.

Irish (H): C1 hopefully got a C3 in the mocks so I think I should get it and I think I did alot better in the real thing.

Maths (O): B1 I think I should get this C3 in the mocks but I did alot of study and i think I should get it. I had a dream last night about getting the C3 again and that it ment I was going to have to repeat (Nightmare).

Geography (H): C3 hopefully just scrape it or at least pass the thing. D2 in the mocks. I only answered questions on Regional, Fieldwork and on coastal features so I hope I do well but i dont expect much.

Chemistry (H): C1 or higher I believe Ihigher then that. Got 7% in the mocks and did constant study on this and picked the right stuff to study so I think I should do really well.

Physics (O): C3 but I am hoping for more I think I did alot better as the experiments that came up were pretty easy.

German (O): D3 I am hoping to just pass this as I failed it in the mocks and I dont care about it cause its my 7th subject.

Just 51 days left till the results. Good luck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

personally I think I got my BBCC, and that's all I care about. england here I come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

think i got my second choice so im happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

English (H): B2-A1, it's really hard to say since it's such a subjective subject, but if the examiner likes my essay, it could go well.
    Irish (H): C1-B3, pretty confident, papers went well.
    Maths (H): B2-A2, again, hard to judge, but I'm not that hopeful.
    French (H): A2-A1, my favourite subject and the only one I'm totally confident about.
    History (H): A2-A1, got 89.5% in the mocks and in the LC I basically wrote the same 5 essays with a few improvements, so I'm hopeful.
    Accounting (H): B1-A1, mocks were a nightmare but the exam went great.
    Classics (H): B2-B1, not a great exam but I think I did OK.

Which means my best result is 575 and my worst is 505 (my mocks result, so I shouldn't slip below that...I hope), averaging out at 540, which would be perfect. I need about 500 to be certain of my CAO choice (BESS in TCD), but the real target is to beat 530 so I can beat my older brother (who will never let me live it down if I do worse than him)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

so I can beat my older brother (who will never let me live it down if I do worse than him)
    good old sibling rivalry!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

YEah i'm going for BESS too, do u reckon it will jump again?

LAst yeear it jumped 15 points i think. I'll go mad if it jumps to 500+
    THink i'm barely going to scrape it, its soo hard to tell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Fast_Mover - yeah, he's gotten his excuse thought up already - the way he sees it, no matter how well I do he wins overall because I studied while he didn't. Bastard's always one step ahead.

randomfella - Going back as far as the CAO website carries them, the points have gone like this:

2004 - 485
    2003 - 470
    2002 - 465
    2001 - 480
    2000 - 465
    1999 - 475
    1998 - 465

So it's never gone over the 500 mark, and with a fairly large pool (200+ accepted), there's less likely to be a huge jump than, say, a course with only 10-20 accepted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm not going to try to predict my actual grades, because I always get it wrong! But I think I got at least a B in six of my subjects so I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I`m going to put down what I think I got if I did pretty badly.
    • English (H)
    I scraped a C3 in the mocks but I did a fairly bad Paper 1 so I reckon I got a D1
    • Maths (O)
    I got a C3 in the mocks and I need higher than a B3. Did class in paper 1, not so great in paper 2 but I reckon I got the B3.
    • Geoghraphy (H)
    I think I did pretty well. My timing was awfull though and I only had 20 minutes to do the map question. I say I could`nt have done any worse than a C1
    • Irish (O)
    I`m absolutley rubbish at Irish but this was a piece off piss. A D3 is a certainty.
    • Link Modules
    I reckon I can get the Distinction but for arguments sake I`ll say a Merit.
    • French (H)
    I had a class Oral and I understood everything on the tape. The written did`nt go as good. I understood both comprehensions but the questions were tricky. So I reckon a B2.
    • Accounting (H)
    All the theory put me off at first but I composed myself and I think I did alright. Pretty sure had a perfect Q2, 3, 5 and 9 but screwed up on Q7. I got a B1 in the mocks so an A2 is a possibility.
    • Economics (H)
    I got a B3 in the mocks but I thought they were way easier. Didn`t do to badly but nothing fantastic. Maybe a C1.

Thats 415 in total. I want to do Fianace and Venture Management in Maynooth which was 405 last year but it was the 1st year the course came out so the points will probably go up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement