Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Troll of the week??

• 27-04-2001 2:02am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How about we randomly pick on offending Troller from the Trolls board and 12-click them!

That will prove a deterent to getting into the Trolls board and reset their count etc...

Just a thought smile.gif

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Gets my vote...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I think the best deterent would be to 12 click whoever posts the most to the trolls board (or any board?) each week. I wonder how long it would be b4 the trolling would end ...

Redesigned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

I second Osiris's sugggestion with a modification ... 12 click anybody who posts on trolls period ... then send the boys around to 12 click their asses good!

Trolls is the fault of the admins ... it is giving them a reason to spam. and if they get rid of it the spammers will simple spam the others boards ... humour and after hours being prime targets.

they created a monster and now have no control over it

[This message has been edited by Lord Khan (edited 27-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I would agree with Lk 100% they created a monster.
    I think this was the start smile.gif
    http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum7/HTML/006241.html
    This was the build up biggrin.gif
    http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum7/HTML/006245.html

And here we are :P
    http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum7/HTML/006247.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

[Edited to make some (?) sence]

If you 12-click a random user from trolls, make sure that the person is a spammer and not just some poor soul who happened to post on the thread before it became troll-food

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 27-04-2001).]

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MiCr0:
    this could only count on ppl who spam trolls or else ppl who's threads that get sent there might die</font>

I think I speak for everybody when I say
    "?"

well any thread of mine which has been sent to trolls ... I've deleted it(so far just 2 afaik)

and for future record ... admins moderators ... any thread I start ... PLEASE PLEASE don't send it to trolls ... please honor it and allow it to die like a soldier(delete it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Test.

<-- Hosted: cloud

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 27-04-2001).]

stop posting your just spamming up this thread cloud and t'wil be sent to trolls and we'll all have to kill our selves with the humiliation of it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

DeV that's an absolutely fu<king brilliant idea in fact so good you've scared me from there already.

But to crash and burn thanks for the links to the three other threads probably the best laugh I'll have all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Great idea Dev. I think you should be the first one 12 clicked in such a manner.. Might stop your head from blowing up.

lets start by 12 clicking crash and baz_ first :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

cloud can we do that now,
    also how come some peoples register date is blank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PHB:
    cloud can we do that now,
    also how come some peoples register date is blank?
    </font>

Because we existed before boards.ie did. Anyone with a blank date registered when it all started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Great idea, quite the deterrant! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    Because we existed before boards.ie did. Anyone with a blank date registered when it all started. </font>

you forgot to add the other two points:
    "We've been here since time began."
    "We are your elders. Respect us."

about the Trolls.. absolutely no point in 12-clicking them.. sure they'll just be back.. with vengence wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

you mean your oldies, hehe.
    what about that members link?

yeah but if we 12 clicked him .... think what would happen the sudden release of that ego from a pressurised container ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

12 click sounds like an awful lot of work smile.gif

The thing is people can simply re-register no? Its much harder to actually get rid of real nuisances permanently.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Baz_:

But to crash and burn thanks for the links to the three other threads probably the best laugh I'll have all day.
    </font>

What can I say when ur good ur good but no one else likes my work thanks Baz biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Advertisement

Ahh the ones that have no date are the old guys they where around when it was cloud boards biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have to say dev i dont think its a good idea.
    poeple can reregister and start making life more difficult, and secondly any newbies might make the mistake of seeing this board, taking an interest and posting lots to add their post count. then they get deleted for no reason. that would p1ss anyone off.
    12 clicking is all well and fine for a 'well-know' trouble maker. but look at kharn, all he does is add 'plyd' and 'lol' to posts, but i dont think we should 12-click him, do you? on the other hand....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crash&Burn:
    Ahh the ones that have no date are the old guys they where around when it was cloud boards</font>

No, no, from way before that.

Peon. (cheers Dav)

Al.

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 28-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    look at kharn, all he does is add 'plyd' and 'lol' to posts, but i dont think we should 12-click him, do you? </font>

Well, actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LordKhan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Crash&Burn:
    Ahh the ones that have no date are the old guys they where around when it was cloud boards biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif</font>

Yup, We're the old schoolers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LordKhan

says you :P damn old farts

[This message has been edited by LordKhan (edited 28-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'm just deleting all troll type posts from Humanities now - the Troll forum just encourages cretinous behaviour.

If someone thinks their incredibly funny spam post will just be deleted they won't bother their ar$es posting in the first place, most of the time.

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 02-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

That's what I do. Unless thier post was in a thread which was OK, in which case I just delete the persons post.

Advertisement