Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Server

Options
  • 26-06-2005 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Just a quick update on the IOL server.
    I've change the map cycle over to only urban maps and running only the 16 player maps. Which should make for for a more cramped experience.

So keep an eye out for Urban Love @ IOL.IE or connect to games4.iol.ie

Its a linux 64 so I believe its not got the CTD bug, but I may be wrong, in which case I'll put on the work around.

ps. Thanks fairy for a good suggestion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

K, should be in in a few minutes.

I hope the ranked servers ain't busy during the week, otherwise I will be P'd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Should make it ranked has barely been 10 ppl on it over weekend.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Not something I can do.

Might have a word with ronin about doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Just a quick update on the IOL server.
    I've change the map cycle over to only urban maps and running only the 16 player maps. Which should make for for a more cramped experience.

So keep an eye out for Urban Love @ IOL.IE or connect to games4.iol.ie

Its a linux 64 so I believe its not got the CTD bug, but I may be wrong, in which case I'll put on the work around.

ps. Thanks fairy for a good suggestion.

got an IP address please :-) cant connect witht eh games4.iol.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Urban Love @ Ireland Online|68ms|193.120.123.133:16567

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah, joined with a mate, but we were the only two...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Good stuff Rev ,i much prefer the urban maps,infantry warfare all the way tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've dropped into to it over the weekend only to find it deserted. The TIG server is almost always at capacity however. Except for Kdjac who got himself kicked and banned earlier, though I didn't see why.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

ya at one stage there was 5 of us on :eek: :D

the TiG guys need to run a few more :p I only managed to get on the main server early saturday morning, and there second server every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I think the iol one isn't a ranked server and that's where the problem lies? Maybe someone else knows but does this affect the unlocking of weapons etc. I would prefer to play on the one server the whole time as you get a better feeling for tactics etc. Whats the other TIG server? Is it the old bf2 demo one? I was on the NGR one over the weekend but at most there were about 20 people in total on it during the day and empty last night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dingatron wrote:
    Whats the other TIG server? Is it the old bf2 demo one?

Have a look at the TIG forum and you'll find what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

The novelty of the whole ranking thing should die away quickly. Then we will get some decent gameage. The way Rev has the server set up will lead to some very very good games. Give it a chance, and forget about ranking on the odd evening.

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I dont know about that.

The ranking system makes me player longer and
    with more determination.

I played for 2 days solid trying to unlock the medic's
    weapon.

Finally i have after something like 15 hours and alot of
    deaths and kills.:)

Advertisement