Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Locked Phone

Options
  • 26-06-2005 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Im looking for a new phone, seen as my v525 has packed it in. I spotted a k700i on eBay and it is locked to the Vodafone network, I presume in the UK. Will my Vodafone Ireland sim card work in this??

Thanks a million

Spartacus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

No itll be locked to Vodafone uk, you'll need to get it unlocked. Vodafone IRl is treated as a seperate network. How much is it as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Stekelly wrote:
    No itll be locked to Vodafone uk, you'll need to get it unlocked. Vodafone IRl is treated as a seperate network. How much is it as a matter of interest?

OK thats that out the window! 150 euro but I hear they are tricky to unlock. I'll keep looking. Do you know of any other places I could pick up a bargain?

EDIT: 150 is the buy now price

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They're €249 with €80 credit on Vodafone here so thats not a huge difference. The V800 is €249 with €80 credit too at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

The k700 can be unlocked for 15-20 euro max

Advertisement