Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is that moth?

• 26-06-2005 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

just saw the weirdest moth, it was really fast and sounded like a humming bird, it's wings were beating amazingly fast as it hovered over flowers, it had this huge toungue and just hovered there feeding, i took a picture but as it moved so fast it did'nt turn out so good, anyone got any idea what it is? it was quite big and had a red marking on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

crazy days wrote:
    just saw the weirdest moth, it was really fast and sounded like a humming bird, it's wings were beating amazingly fast as it hovered over flowers, it had this huge toungue and just hovered there feeding, i took a picture but as it moved so fast it did'nt turn out so good, anyone got any idea what it is? it was quite big and had a red marking on it.

Hummingbird Hawk-Moth

http://ukmoths.org.uk/show.php?id=1469

Actually saw my first one this year today.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭crazy days

Yep thats the one, cheers mothman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Ya I saw one of those as well. They're really cool.
    I was about to head off to work one morning when I saw one of those buzzing around the garden (in Dublin south - a couple of summers ago). Very exciting. Sent off a email to yer man Mooney, of ...Goes Wild fame, to ask if I was seeing things. Glad to say I wasn't and he also said that they're a regular occurance in Ireland but that no larva were ever found. So I guess they're only blow-ins.

Advertisement