Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was the experience as bad as you thought it'd be?

Options
  • 26-06-2005 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

I've asked a few people, and most of them have said the Leaving was so much than they expected - all that pressure was needless and unnecessary. What do you think? Was it easier/not as stressful as you imagined it would be or maybe even worse?

I'll be sitting down to 6th year in September so I'm interested in hearing about the experience

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

i guess you've heard this already.. i've been tellin all the 5ht yrs i know......study early,please.
    you'll thank yourself for it.
    also try and focus yourself on a curse and the points needed it'll motivate you i think.
    the experience of sitting the actual exams is over rated it's actually pretty relaxed if you've done the work in the months following up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

i guess you've heard this already.. i've been tellin all the 5ht yrs i know......study early,please.
    you'll thank yourself for it.
    also try and focus yourself on a curse and the points needed it'll motivate you i think.
    the experience of sitting the actual exams is over rated it's actually pretty relaxed if you've done the work in the months following up.

"Curses" are always good motivation!

Only messin, seriously though, im sitting down to the leaving this time next year too, and thats good advice,ive been visualising and focusing on the course i really want for the past six months and its helped already.now just got to keep that momentum going for the year ahead,easier said than done me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

It's so much easier to motivate yourself if you have something to aim for. Find a course you want to do and you'll find yourself more driven to doing your very best. I, for one didn't have a clue what I wanted to do and went through the exams half-assed, did minimal work and unless a miracle occurs will be repeating next year. At the start of the year I would have said with confidence that I'd break 500 easy but with nothing to aim for and having thoroughly convinced myself that these exams mean sweet f*ck all I'll be lucky to break 400.
    Oh and start studying early and you better have worked A LOT in 5th year, it makes the whole ordeal a lot easier. A lot of the courses are finished before or around the mocks so it pays off to work hard in 5th year when you do the core of each subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

Nah forget the last year, it's in the past and doesn't matter. It's the final year that matters. Even if you began revising hard at christmas you'd do well. The exams were overrated, if you're any way prepared at all you'll do fine.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

You wouldn't believe how much stuff you can get covered in three weeks if the pressure is on yyou, so just imagine how much stuff you could get done in a year if you have the motivation to work properly. Study early and you'll have a huge advantage!
    The Leaving felt like a complete anticlimax for me, it still hasn't hit me properly that it is over!! It seriously just feels like doing Christmas or summer exams, don't let yourself get too stressed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

One thing that really helped me was shortened notes (-ie- underlining relevant stuff in your notes and writing them out on a4 sheets.) I did this in business and physics and could revise the whole course in an evening.

Advertisement