Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ThunderBird and Yahoo Mail

• 27-06-2005 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Has anyone in here been able to set up TBird with yahoo mail. From doing a google on it there seems to be very little documentation on it. Is it even possible?

When i attempted to configure TBird for yahoo mail i got a "please enter a vaild host name" error message when i entered in the out going and incoming server addresses, as below...

Incoming mail server: pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk
    SMTP: smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭talos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Didnt yahoo make thier mail non pop unless you pay for it.
    You can set other email addreses (non yahoo ones, eircom do work) attched to you yahoo profile for mailing lists and groups and pop it from there into thunderbird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

you have to pay for yahoo POP3 access wih the basic premium acccount , only about $20 a year and the spam filtering is excellent , the spam gets filtered so won'nt arrive down the POP3 pipe and then you can check the email on line for any spam( yahoo call it bulk) that may be a normal mail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Thanks for the replies lads

Thats a bit of a balls that yahoo are right tight shytes! I set up a pop email address to forward all my yahoo emails to, so hopefully i can use thunderbird now!

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ShevY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭talos

talos wrote:
    with this I use thunderbird to recieve and send emails, like I have pop3 access in yahoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

talos wrote:

I use this and works great for both hotmail and yahoo

Advertisement