Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising on Technology boards

Options
  • 07-05-2001 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

I know I'm just being a ***** here but I find it quite annoying that there is a full fledged unashamed advertisement on the technology board, in the thread entitled now open. Anyways I just came here to complain as there's no point complaining anywhere else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Stonemason had originally asked me if he could throw up a thread with a link to his page, as there were quite a few regular boards readers interested in what he had to sell... and thats what that thread is.

As long as the "advertising" doesn't spill over to other threads within Technology I don't mind, but as he himself has just said its got out of hand I've closed and copied it to For Sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I do apologise then I wasn't aware of the permission being granted, and I do understand that threads like that can get out of hand and that its not stones fault, but I felt it was inappropriate (in the latter stages at least) on the technology board. Sorry
    baz_

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Moderators have some discretion to allow that sort of thing.

I think the thread should be locked to avoid needless *bump*ing.

If its of interest to the board and permission is asked, then we have no problem with that.

DeV.

Advertisement