Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pimp My Ride UK

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I dunno why westwood is be getting all the flack for this. For one hes not trying to be xzibit, hes been carrying on like that for years. Long before xzibit was on pimp my ride or even before xzibit had any music released. Secondly hes barely on the show.
    Its the mechanics who let it down cos they have no personality. If anyone should be accused of imitating the americans its them, there pathetic.

I actually think westwood is hilarious, funnier than xzibit anyway whos not remotely funny. Shouldnt take westwood too seriously, he doesnt take himself shown by the add where he gets handed the cup of tea at the end of the add

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

He is totally copying xzibit. Especially the way he looks at the camera after someone says something bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Well then your complaint about him copying xzibit goes out the window. Like you say hes just told what to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Do you not think that the producers are telling him what to do? Do you think westwood edits the program to have three of him there etc.
    It wouldn't matter who was presenting the show, it would have been edited to look like the us version. To say westwood is trying to act like xzibit is ridiculous. Hes doing the job the way hes told to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Listen mate, Westwood is a Gimp! End of!
    bush wrote:
    To say westwood is trying to act like xzibit is ridiculous. Hes doing the job the way hes told to.

And if he needs to be told what way to act and can't do it his own way, well then he's an even bigger Gimp!

I don't know what you heard about me
    But a bitch can't get a dollar out of me
    No Cadillac, no perms, you can't see
    That I'm a mother****ing G-I-M-P

B.

Of course he needs to be told what to do to fit in with the way the producers want the show to look. They obviously want it to look like the us version, even by the name of the show, who the **** says anything like "pimp my ride" over here.
    The producers are trying to make an exact copy of the show, westwood is doing the job hes paid to do.
    The way people are going on here you would swear westwood commisioned, wrote, produced, edited and presented the show.

bush wrote:
    The way people are going on here you would swear westwood commisioned, wrote, produced, edited and presented the show.

If you read back over the thread you will see that people are not only complaining about him on this show but they are saying, that in general, Westwood is a fake and a twat.

B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

When's the Irish version ."Scanger my Banger", starting ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd like to see the "pimped" cars in a years time. I'd say they'll either be on the scrap heap or not far from it. The Isopon fillers will probably fall out! As they are, they look set for scrappage. Pimped or not, they'd all probably fail MOT's unless the PMR team have done all the brakes etc too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

quite possibly the worst show ive ever seen. If your gonna do a "UK" version then do it "Uk" and stop trying to be american. even the americans in the us version are ****ing idiots and should be shot. It made me puke.
    Both versions of the show are rediculious and anyone who liked either one of them should be publically hung, and their bodies used for medical experiments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Only seen two episodes so far....& found the presenter unbearable. Why try be funny when you're just not!
    In the first episode I saw, they did a Mk2 VW Golf & did quite a classy job on it I have to say compared to the Americans which just seem to produce tack!
    Would love to go 4 a spin in one of the pimped rides after takin them for a few spins down a pot holed country lane....say they must rattle like fcuk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Yo Yo Yo all you muth-fo's, Lay off my homie Timmy.

I knows yous got the beef with West, all hes at is repezantin for his Croyden Mazzive!
    Brace yourselfs fools, Westie is one tough mutha-fo and he aint frontin, hes proper hood yo. AK-47 on all yous asses for dissin my bruva. Peace out, Gang*stars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

was there room left in that hearse for all the guys instruments i think not?

so you got fancy seats and a mixing desk in your car but you can no longer fit your instruments in doh!,

as soon as they pimped their cars they became useless, in the us series, the car who delivered cars parts in the orange truck no room for them anymore, he going to have buy a second car to do his work from? the girl with the huge 4x4 no more room for her bikes, because of her make up tray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

what the f*ck is this show think it is trying to do????

this is pure and utter sh1te, good god, what were they thinking when they gave a big rocker a white hearse??? WHITE!!!! WTF!!!

seriously who would trust a bunch of hairdressers to "pimp" your ride

and the blow up guitars at the end??????? ARGHHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

bush wrote:
    Its the mechanics who let it down cos they have no personality. If anyone should be accused of imitating the americans its them, there pathetic.

While Westwood came over as a bit of a twat, the "look how funky we are" mechanics really got on my nerves. On the episode with the fat rocker gimp and the white hearse, more time was spent with the greese monkies acting the muppet than showing them doing anything to the car.

The meeting with them all sitting arounf the table and giving suggestions on what their department was going to do to the herse was awful. White people are not black and never will be no matter what ****e they try and talk and just come accross as right ****ing morons and I had a harder time understanding them speaking than when I watch the guys on PMRUS.

It didnt look to me like they skimped to much on the gear they stuck into the hearse tbh and at least they didnt stick all the usless crap into the car like the yanks do with rubbish such as baths,sinks and ping pong tables!

Ali G would be perfect as a host for this show as he could take the piss out of the crappy cars and owners not to mention the retard mechanics :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

I Still, though, I suppose it could have been worse. They could have got Richard Blackwood, an actual black guy who looks and acts like a white guy pretending to be a black guy! :D

lol :D

In all fairness Westwood is an acquired taste. After Chris Moyles his show is the funniest thing on Radio One. Respect where it is due, Westwood has been involved in promoting rap from year zero, hes at least 25 years in it. He was promoting it when most black people in the US hadnt heard of it.

If you want to see the pillars of community who go to Westwood gigs heres pictures from a recent Dublin gig

http://www.timwestwood.com/gallerypopup.php?mainDir=Dublin&subDir=The%20Village$2005-03-20&catDir=parties&desc=THE%20VILLAGE%20:%2020th%20March%202005

:D Its the one night of the year when bouncers are gonna let lads in wearin celtic jerseys, baseball caps and Ben Sherman, and they arent gonna miss the opportunity!

Look out for the homeboy with the thug life tatoo

as soon as they pimped their cars they became useless, in the us series, the car who delivered cars parts in the orange truck no room for them anymore, he going to have buy a second car to do his work from? the girl with the huge 4x4 no more room for her bikes, because of her make up tray?

Any chance of getting that in English?
    The Gopher wrote:
    http://www.timwestwood.com/galleryp... March 2005

Its the one night of the year when bouncers are gonna let lads in wearin celtic jerseys, baseball caps and Ben Sherman, and they arent gonna miss the opportunity!

Look out for the homeboy with the thug life tatoo

Ha ha. Brilliant. :D

B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

bush wrote:
    I dunno why westwood is be getting all the flack for this. For one hes not trying to be xzibit, hes been carrying on like that for years. Long before xzibit was on pimp my ride or even before xzibit had any music released. Secondly hes barely on the show.

I actually think westwood is hilarious, funnier than xzibit anyway whos not remotely funny. Shouldnt take westwood too seriously, he doesnt take himself shown by the add where he gets handed the cup of tea at the end of the add
    guess we can account for the one person that voted saying that this piece of crap was good. westwood's a twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

This is so bad!

Advertisement