Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband wiring from the pole to the house...HELP!

• 27-06-2005 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

HI All

Recently I discovered that our exahange in Abbeyleix became broadband enabled. After jumping for joy and ordering my line and modem etc from Digiweb I installed everything on Friday night...to find it not working.

Now, I checked the wiring in the house and discovered that the house is only wired to the pole accross the road with 2 wires for the phone. My understanding is that these equate to the red / green in the phone junction boxes. Im told I need black and yellow (i.e. another 2 wires for DSL). IS this correct?

Assuming that it is correct and the house is wired incorrectly, I tried to get this accross to eircom...and im still trying to explain the issue to them.

Any suggestions? Anyone know of someone that can fix this for me?

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Its dosent matter what colour the wires are!!!

If you were able to receive voice calls on that phone line then everything is fine.

Mabye Digiweb(why did you choose them?) have yet to get eircom to activate your line for DSL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Closed. Use other thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement