Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welding/soldering

Options
  • 27-06-2005 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this the right place for this, mods feel free to move...

I'm just looking for somewhere / someone to do some very delicate welding / soldering for me. There is a clasp on my laptop case that's become broken and I need 2 tiny parts soldered/welded back together.

If anyone on here has any ideas where I would get it done in Dublin, or indeed anyone on here with the ability to do it, I'd be more than willing to pay for it.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

Post a picture of what you want done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Hi Paddy,

Here's some photos of the broken clasp. I was talking to the case company and they said that they don't do international repairs (I got the case in the states) so unless I want to pay to ship it to them and ship it back plus the cost of repairs, it's going to run into as much as a brand new case...

So, I've attached some photos, not sure if it's clear or not from them but as far as I can see a new bar needs to be made to replace the old one that got snapped... So someone suggested a blacksmith... but finding someone like that might be kinda tough...

If you think you might be able to fix it or know someone who would, let me know.

If not I may just have to fork out for a new case :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

looks like u need it welded rather than soldered.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

Hi Colm_C, if it was soldering I might have been able to get someone to solder it, but a solder joint wouldn't last long on that.
    Your best bet would probably be to get someone to do a light weld on it if it can take it, or else try and get another broken one and see if you can patch it up with spare parts.

colm_c wrote:
    Hi Paddy,

Here's some photos of the broken clasp. I was talking to the case company and they said that they don't do international repairs (I got the case in the states) so unless I want to pay to ship it to them and ship it back plus the cost of repairs, it's going to run into as much as a brand new case...

So, I've attached some photos, not sure if it's clear or not from them but as far as I can see a new bar needs to be made to replace the old one that got snapped... So someone suggested a blacksmith... but finding someone like that might be kinda tough...

If you think you might be able to fix it or know someone who would, let me know.

If not I may just have to fork out for a new case :(

Advertisement