Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surfing

Options
  • 27-06-2005 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi folks
    Apart from Bundoran, does anyone know anywhere else on the west coast with good waves etc. that has a place where you can rent boards/suits etc.? Want to go this weekend and surf a little bit, but not to Donegal. Is there anywhere in Claire/Kerry/Galway etc. where you can rent stuff and that has good waves? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

Hey.
    In clare the best spot for you would be lahinch, you can rent boards and suits from the surf shop next to the beach and get lessons if ya like.
    Down in Kerry the place to go would be Castlegregory. You can rent the gear from Jamie Knox's watersports center. Both these places have websites so google them for more info.

The bad news is that everywhere is flat calm at the moment, but as you can see here there is a swell coming in a few days time, probably hitting at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

liousborg in mayo.

you can rent boards and get lesson.

great beach , and a nice little village there too for pints after !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Due to insurance bóllox, you can't rent boards in Lahinch any more. However, you can get surfing lessons, where you get all the equipment for an hour or so (I think).

Check out:
    www.lahinchsurfschool.com or
    www.greenroomlahinch.com

Sep/Oct is the best time for surf.

...it may well change your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Well i didnt feel like starting a new thread so hope u dont mind me pulling in here to ask a few question about surf related stuff. :) .
    Im from south africa and am a very keen bodyboarder :o , do u all hate me already ?? Well i am hoping to try get a few sessions in now and then. Just wondering where u guys all get your equiptment from?? I dont really want to hire stuff :rolleyes: , would rather try get some of my own. Am i going to have to bring it over from england :(, wat a mission. Are there any irish companys that sell this stuff ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

Hey, you can pick up gear second hand easily enough. Try here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

There's a shop near Grand Canal Dock that sell boards. Not sure if they do custom boards or not.

Also Lahinch Surf Shop

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭simonj

The main website for irish surf is

http://www.irishsurfer.com/

That includes classifieds, weather information, a WAP service, an associated podcast (worldsurfradio.com) as well as a full links section

Its been online since 2000

Advertisement