Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herb Care

Options
  • 27-06-2005 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Im new to gardening, but I have recently got some herb plants (oregano, thyme, parsley, mint, basil etc) that I wish to grow.

What are the best care tips? Inside or Outside? Watering - how often? etc

Any advice appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Keep the basil inside, its quite tender and I would think the slugs would make a meal of it right away.
    Parsley, thyme, sage and mint will do much better outside. Just remember mint is very invasive, you could plant it in an old bucket and then put the bucket into your soil to stop it from taking over your entire herb garden. You will need to replace the parsley every two years as it is a binanual, the others (except basil, which is an annual) are perenials so you'll have them for a good while
    From own experience, the slugs ate all my leaf coriander and dill this year but left the other herbs alone.

Advertisement