Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angel Therapy??

Options
  • 27-06-2005 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone tell me what this is for and what it entails? I've tried to find things about it on the net but haven't really got much info yet.

Is it like Reiki? I have tried this and found it no help to me whatsoever.

I am suffering badly from depression having just been through an extremely rough time, that and a few other things combined have me feeling at the moment feel like there isn't much point to anything anymore. I've been to councelling and on anti-depressants and all that but was wondering would angel therapy maybe help with emotional healing?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Full Moon Angel

Hi CelticChick!
    From what I saw, Angel Therapy is a term used for many different therapies or techniques. I believe it means that the person giving the healing will be guided by angels to do so.
    The Angel gateway technique is one of them, and also I have received such healings, I am not really familiar with how it works.
    I have more hands-on experience with IET (Integrated Energy Therapy) as I have completed the second level a few weeks ago and will do the third level next week. In IET, the practitioner channels angel energy into particular points on the patients head and back mostly, and it helps clear the cellular memory of any trauma or blockage. It also helps clear your aura of any emotional, mental or karmic blockages.
    The way I look at it is: any time you experience a trauma or a hard time, it gets stuck in your cellular memory, and this helps clear it without having to actually go through the traumatic experience again.
    What I like about Angel Therapy is that Angel energy is very light and loving. So no matter what, it cannot harm.
    It is a different energy to Reiki energy, it feels different to the practitioner and to the patient as well.
    I cannot guarantee that it will solve all your issues, but it won't make things worse, and might actually help a lot.
    I hope this helps.
    All the best!

Light and love

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Hi CelticChick,

I don't really know anything about Angel Therapy, but I do want to add that people here won't know you or what your specific issues are and as such can't say if it will be of benefit to you or not. You should be very suspicious of anyone who makes blanket statements that something will definitely work or not work to try something else. All people here can do is to provide you with their knowledge and experiences and then you must decide if it's right for you. If you decide to do it you should mention it in advance to your counciller, he/she may be able to make some recommendations as to who to see or who to not see.

*puts on moderator hat*
    Just to be clear to everyone else, giving information and experiences of angel therapy is ok( :) ), but don't give specific medical advice( :mad: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

So no matter what, it cannot harm.
    There are useless things, there are potentially harmful things, and there are useless potentially harmful things. That's it. You can't heal if you can't kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Right, I have said sod all about angel cards and angel therapy so far.

CelticChick
    I appretate what you are going throug,
    I would suggest going back to councelling,
    I know you are looking for spiritualy guideance to make sense of your life
    and I wish you well on your journey in healing yourself; but be careful.
    Ensure who you are dealing with is a proper person and reputible.
    Check them out by more the what you have heard, some of them have not a clue some of them are councellors themselves.
    Be well.

Right how I feel about angel cards/workshops/teraphy.

You dont muck arround with Angelic forces,
    they have been arround longer then the earth.

Sorry what angels are nice and freindly.

No they are big, scarey, beings from another plane that carry flaming swords,
    can look upon the face of god, and battle and carry out thier orders like
    killing every first born child in egypt that did not have the blood marks of
    passover on the door posts and the lintel.

Never invite any being into your life with out being aware that thier intersession/guidance may not be what you expect.

This goes for all spirits, angels, guardians, totems and gods.

Never give them carte blanch over you and your life;
    we have free will for a reason.

Never use them as a crutch, they can be worse then drink or drugs.

Never trust anyones elses impression of them, if you arent aware enough to deal with them yourself then dont.

You are all you need for your own spiritual connection to the devine.
    Spend some time by yourself thinking, feeling, praying.

' that if that which thou seekest
    thee findest not within thee,
    thou wilt never find it without thee. '

right rant over.

As with everything of a spirital nature it has the potentail to harm as well to heal.

Nearly all life's lessons are tramatic experinces and if we do not heed them,
    deal with them, learn form them then we are doomed to repeat them in this life or in others.

Talliesin wrote:
    You can't heal if you can't kill.

I am not sure I understood what you mean there Talliesin.

I didn't expect such very strong reactions to what I thought was a very personal and (as I saw it but ok, you will probably disagree) message.

The only thing I can say is that I personally have never experienced angel energy as anything else than love.
    However, this is my experience, and I agree fully with Thaed, it is important to make sure that the practitioner we are dealing with is "a proper person and reputible".

I want to thank you all for showing me another side that I didn't explore so far in my thoughts.

What I learnt and experienced is that angels are beings of light that have never incarnated, hence they don't have an ego. Therefore, unlike deceased loved ones who might be our guides, there won't be any ego interference in their guidance.
    I don't know how they could be worse than drink or drugs, do you mean that you might get addicted to trying to get guidance from them and not try to make your own decisions on your own anymore? If that is the meaning, then I agree, that might be a risk. I doubt that this risk is there if you go for one session to a reputable angel healer, just to try, though.
    Anyway, I didn't send my reply for it to be a trap for CelticChick. I genuinely thought it might help.

As for the fact that they are big scary beings that can kill, I feel no connection with that. It reminds me of the fear of the devil I used to be carrying around from my Christian upbringing, and I am not sure fear helps.

But again this is only MY opinion, and I am only submitting it as such, so please don't hit me on the head for it... ;)

• Advertisement

Anyway, I didn't send my reply for it to be a trap for CelticChick. I genuinely thought it might help.

I did not think that at all, and everyone is entitled to thier opion and to tell
    of thier own experinces but one size does not fit all :)

Is it possible that the 'Angels' used in angel therapy are something completely different to the scary flaming-sword carrying angels being mentioned above. If nothing else there seems to be a huge disparity in the energy levels involved. And it certainly wouldn't be the first time that ambigouity in a name caused some confusion.

Angels and Angelic forces have been arround for a very very long time
    a good bit before chirstainity.

That's just it SteveMu how can you tell the difference ?
    is it an angel, an Angel or something else entirly ?
    But those doing or running these classes name the names of such beings.

stevenmu wrote:
    Is it possible that the 'Angels' used in angel therapy are something completely different to the scary flaming-sword carrying angels being mentioned above. If nothing else there seems to be a huge disparity in the energy levels involved. And it certainly wouldn't be the first time that ambigouity in a name caused some confusion.

Thanks for this stevenmu, this actually makes complete sense.
    The only energy I have experienced with what I call angels, is a light, bright, usually white and feathery energy that guides very gently towards one's highest good only.
    That's why I couldn't understand the first few replies there.

But promised, I will be more careful next time.
    I am only new to this board and hence might not know all the implicite rules yet... :)

I am not sure I understood what you mean there Talliesin.
    Show me a good doctor, and I'll show you an expert poisoner. Show me a good acupuncturist and I'll show you someone who knows the most painful - or leathal - pressure points to hit in a fight. You can't heal if you can't kill.
    The flip side. Show me a careless doctor and I'll show you an accidental poisoning. Doctors know what they deal with isn't harmless.
    I didn't expect such very strong reactions to what I thought was a very personal and (as I saw it but ok, you will probably disagree) message.
    I've avoided saying anything on the topic of angels here (and still didn't say anything on angels per se) because I know my view is quite at odds with others here and I don't want to come across as just trolling by dropping my juxtaposing view into the thread, but someone saying that something (anything spiritual, magical, fae, mundane, whatever) is perfectly safe gets me worried.
    The only thing I can say is that I personally have never experienced angel energy as anything else than love.
    Ever been hurt by someone you love, while they still love you? Ever hurt someone you love yourself?
    What I learnt and experienced is that angels are beings of light that have never incarnated, hence they don't have an ego.
    That description matches the little I know about angels well. But relating to something with no ego is daunting. They don't let anything get in the way of what they think they should do - anything. They have love, they have compassion even, but they have no empathy, because you cannot have empathy without ego.
    stevenmu wrote:
    Is it possible that the 'Angels' used in angel therapy are something completely different to the scary flaming-sword carrying angels being mentioned above.
    I imagine they are. But what are they? At least when dealing with something with six wings a sword and a rather direct way of expressing their role in existence you know what it is.

Not knowing what these energies are I have, as I said, kept largely out of the angel discussions. But now I'm in one, I can't say I feel comfortable with anything being given that label and not treated with a lot of caution.

• Advertisement

The only energy I have experienced with what I call angels, is a light, bright, usually white and feathery energy that guides very gently towards one's highest good only.
    Perhaps this is where we get into religious differences and it's because I'm a witch, but give me something light, bright and white and I want to have something heavy, dark and black to balance it before the lightness makes me giddy or I start glowing too much and attracting attention I don't want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

hey, I had IET a while back and I highly recommend it, I was carying around a load of baggage and slowly but surely I'm letting it go. Its about as harmful as getting a very large hug from someone who actually gives a crap.

I did reiki years ago but I find its a lot heavier, IET is very gentle.

solas wrote:
    hey, I had IET a while back and I highly recommend it, I was carying around a load of baggage and slowly but surely I'm letting it go. Its about as harmful as getting a very large hug from someone who actually gives a crap.

I did reiki years ago but I find its a lot heavier, IET is very gentle.
    I fully agree there. I find reiki a lot heavier than IET as well.
    And I also experienced IET both as a patient and as a practitioner as a flow of unconditional love.
    Talliesin wrote:
    Perhaps this is where we get into religious differences and it's because I'm a witch, but give me something light, bright and white and I want to have something heavy, dark and black to balance it before the lightness makes me giddy or I start glowing too much and attracting attention I don't want.
    Could be religious differences, although I could not tell what is my religion really. I can only say I believe in reincarnation, have done a few past life regressions, and I have experienced the presence of Angels and entities (not so nice), and well, what more... I believe in the huge importance of respecting the earth and also of honouring the seasons, solstices, full/new moons and natural cycles. By the way, if anyone knows people in or around Galway who celebrate these things, I would love to get in touch... :)

So I probably touch on a few things, but am still developing... (will probably never stop).
    So thanks for your detailed reply Talliesin, it is very interesting and it will probably take me time to fully digest it. I don't agree with everything so far but that's ok, and also I might experience new things that will help open my mind to new horizonts...

I don't agree with everything so far but that's ok
    Damn right, if I thought you were just going to suddenly agree with me, after coming from a position of being quite at odds to me, I'd start avoiding you :)
    As a Zen kōan has it "If you are on the path and you see the Buddha coming towards you, kill him".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

So no matter what, it cannot harm.

I'm with thead on this one don't bother mess with angels (saying that i go out of my way to do it) from my own experience it can be quite harmful, extremely so in some case. thats not to say people haven't benefited from it, two sides to every coin. I recomend staying with the counselling and try take up mediation if you don't already do so. €0.02

just thought it would be good to say, it doesn't matter if you beieve in angels or not, when I went for IET I didn't really believe in anything..I let the practitioner do all the believing. Her belief in angels takes her to a place that obviously exuded a sense of peace..and I lay back and accepted that peacefulness. It doesn't matter to me where or how she manifested that state of mind, whether it be from angels or just the thought of some flowers in a vase, the end result is a relaxed peaceful state of mind. Just being around people who are calming and loving is a great help. Thats how it helped me anyway...I didn't need to get tangled up in their beliefs and I left with a clearer refreshed perspective.
    :)

stevenmu wrote:

Sorry missed your post in my first reply. There is choirs of angels and not all angels have great power plus unless the person channeling has great power they can only reach the lower choirs or so my understanding goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭CelticChick

I'm with thead on this one don't bother mess with angels (saying that i go out of my way to do it) from my own experience it can be quite harmful, extremely so in some case.

What do you mean you go out of your way to do it? And harmful in what way? What experience did you have?

as with all therapists and practitioners..or just anyone who is selling their services to you in fact, if they don't feel right..walk away.

What do you mean you go out of your way to do it? And harmful in what way? What experience did you have?

1: pm if you really want to know
    2: Wel if you start using somethings energy to heal yourself you and it share alink while the energy is there and this link can be used for a lot of things
    3: see 1

• Advertisement

I looked around a bit early and found this article, it appears the guy who came up with IET didn't even realise at first what was going on, which sounds slightly worrying to me. Also
    "Anyone who doesn't want their life to change should leave now. These energies have a mind of their own and accelerate the process of taking you to where you're meant to be."
    , altough I think that's aimed more at the practitioner than the person recieving therapy. Still it's worth investigating more before coming to a decision

I'd be very critical of someone coming in and saying there's an eight ft tall angel in your waiting room, not from what they say they saw but more of there being an eight ft angel . i don't think any angel would appear this close to earth as an eight ft tall angel.

i don't think any angel would appear this close to earth as an eight ft tall angel.
    Why not?
    I know a lot of people who saw angels and I don't think there was anything wrong with it.
    I don't see why an angel wouldn't appear on earth if it serves the highest purpose of the person they appear to...
    I think it is great to be cautious and to protect ourselves, but I also want to keep an open mind.
    As I said, I have only experienced good things about IET and if someone is looking for help I could only recommend it. I don't think there is anything evil or dangerous about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cammy

I've heard tons of variants of what an 'Angel' is, that I wouldn't give credence to one particular interpretation (no offense meant to anyone's belief) :) .

You could be talking of Angels who burn down entire armies, the Guardian Angel of flowers, the description of a human soul, another name for nature spirits, 'beings of light', agents of 'Gods' Divine Will', daemons and even Aliens!

I have read (but can't remember my sources right now) that people who have seen Angels (such as in near death experinces) see beings of bright light who are apparently wingless which goes against 'traditional' thinking.

I've done a bit of general research on Angels (Gustav's Dictionary of Angels is great resource if your interested) and you can find 'good' Angels and 'bad' Angels. Fallen Angels was something added on by Christianity I think but I willing to be corrected on that one. So they aren't all full of light.

My own interpretation is that they are 'divine' symbolic representations to the human mind (regardless of the truth of their existance). If you treat this Angel Therapy, which I know little of, in an agnostic sense it shouldn't be harmful.

Just be aware and always questioning and if you ever feel uncomfortable, stop immeditatly.

No the warning is for all those there.
    Present in the room either actively taking part or not.

i don't think any angel would appear this close to earth as an eight ft tall angel.
    That's about the height I sense the Arcangels to be if the LBRP is performed.
    Thaed wrote:
    No the warning is for all those there.
    Present in the room either actively taking part or not.
    I agree, I would add though that in the case of those who aren't practitioners it is the practitioner who is dealing with them (and similarly with any other practice, including the chemicals and physical manipulations of modern medicine) and the main thing that a client or bystander can do is make sure they trust the practitioner in terms of both motives and competence.

This is admittedly easy for me to say. With the circles I move in I can get quite a range of healing, readings and other work done by people I trust well, indeed by some of the people in my life that I trust most (also, I can often get it done for free :)). Other people have to work out who to trust with much less to go on. One thing that would raise a huge warning flag to me would be if the practitioner claimed there were zero risks, or went at something gung-ho and started playing with my energy without permission or even saying what they were going to do (both being behaviour common in weekend Reiki masters).

I don't think there is anything evil or dangerous about it.
    I think the alleged danger is more to do with meddling with things that aren't fully understood than any deliberate evil

The seperation in views on this seems to be based on who has had it done and who hasn't, so I'm interested in seeing both sides for myself, does anybody know of anyone doing angel therapy/IET around the dublin area and I'll try and arrange a session and see what I think ?

I'm not evil, but I can be dangerous if I have to be ;)

Evil imples intent to harm.
    Personaly I am more worried about thos that think it wont do any harm and
    dont for see the consquences which may be thier whole life getting turned upside down.

once careless person with a match or spark can start a whole forest fire.

• Advertisement

Thaed wrote:
    once careless person with a match or spark can start a whole forest fire.
    Now I have a mental image of Smokey the Bear appearing in a magician's triangle and telling him to be careful :D

Advertisement