Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Understanding the Extended Kalman Filter

Options
  • 27-06-2005 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there,

I've grasped the idea of an ordinary Kalman Filter and created a program that tracks a noisy signal. However when it comes to modifying the program to an EKF I'm at a total loss. I've spent weeks reading up on this and searching for examples, but I'm still unable to figure how to calculate the modified equations
    (especially the Jacobian terms). So I have decided to ask if anyone on these forums have any expertise in this area and could possibly help me out.

Can anyone suggest how I calculate the Jacobians A_k (sometimes described as F_k) and H_k for a simple case of tracking an x-coordinate over time? I'm assuming the noise has no gain.

Thanks,
    Charles

Comments

Advertisement