Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Picnic

• 27-06-2005 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

I just read that James Blunt has been added to the bill. I have a good feeling that this is going to be the gig of the summer. I'm going camping for the first time since Feile in Cork:D

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

it is going to be a party and a half... i can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

If tickets are still on sale closer to the date I'll try and head along. What did people make of it last year? I'm guessing it's more relaxed and mature than Oxegen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

May go to this one on the SAT as it has The Flaming Lips and the Arcade Fire that day !

The only good bit about the U2 gig on friday was them playing Arcade Fire's "Wake UP" before they came on for their Crap sounding Political Show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Rubs hands together with glee, yay :D nick cave, flaming lips and arcade fire, kraftwerk, goldfrapp, rosin murphy, mr scruff, wahey!
    C'mon september :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

Anyone know if there are buses coming back to Dublin the night of the Kraftwerk show? I wanna see Kraftwerk, but I don't fancy staying in Laois...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Well main stage finishes at 2am, afaik all transport is organised by you, there's a bus number on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

I'm prety sure they have buses laid on, although last year they were sold out by 9am and there were loads left to fend for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The temptation to see The Arcade Fire is overwhelming. I hate festivals. Might book into a nice hotel and head down. :p

hmm, hotel you say...not a bad idea. Where the devil is this place- ok i know the county etc, but is it in the middle of a field in the back arse of no where...or...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Its in a castle, 10 minutes from Portlaoise as far as I know, an hour or so drive from Dublin.

www.electricpicnic.ie

Its 18+ only also

• Advertisement

hmmm...now to learn how to drive, hijack a beetle van, learn how to play the didgeridoo...which can double up as a beer funl..oo no wait triple up, beating stick :) mwah hahaha...

Buying tickets would also be advisable..

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

I have a didgeridoo but I still haven't learned circular breathing yet. I'd love to be going to the EP but I'll be away when it's on. I think last year was my last Witnness/Oxegen so I'm well up for an alternative and if the lineup's good next year, I think the wif and I will head to the Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

it's all about the arcade fire baby! i'm dying to see this band, would happily pay the E60 for the saturday and then leave after seein them. best band i've heard for a long time. gah, must see live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Additions

Matthew Herbert and his big band
    Giles Peterson
    LemonJelly
    Ben Watt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I`m really looking forword to seeing The Toots And The Maytals. Ace

Goiing to Oxegen aswell but I think i`ll enjoy this one more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

What day is FatBoy Slim playing, anyone?

Maynooth wrote:
    What day is FatBoy Slim playing, anyone?
    Saturday :D

http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewtopic.php?t=1110

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

LemonJelly, sweet.

All the ducks are swimming in the water...

...fa, la la, la la, la

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 flygirl

CiaranC wrote:
    The temptation to see The Arcade Fire is overwhelming. I hate festivals. Might book into a nice hotel and head down. :p

*bitter laugh* every nice hotel/b&b/field in the county of laois seems to have been booked out for months....i'm starting to despair and don't fancy camping!
    anyone have any relations in laois who'd let me sleep on their couch and use their shower?
    no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

Electric picnic is in village called stradbally which is about ten miles from portlaoise. it is not at a castle, but a big ol house... stradbally hall to be exact, making the gig in the stradbally hall estate.(cosby's to the locals) the enterance is on the main road.. side roads? no siree. on the grounds is a paintballing place which will be open during the gig if ya feel like it!! theres also a wee train that goes through the grounds but i dunno if that'll be open for the festeeval..

i wanna go..! its 15 minutes from my house.. anyone got a spare 100 euro??? i have 37.......! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

With james blunt and jj72 and goldfrapp (and more that I want to see but can't think of now!) EP is starting to look REALLLLY tempting!

And since I'm missing Oxegen it may well be the next best thing! Hmmm... do I have €130 to spare though??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

the enterance is on the main road.. side roads? no siree.

Actually last year there was two entrances, apart from the entrance at the main gates there is a small gate they open which leads into a side field which is "carpark 2", and that had its own entrance! Im sure this year will be different with twice the people and camping.......

S.

Advertisement