Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA Offering Loans

Options
  • 27-06-2005 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone else has had this experience..
    Friend of mine got a call from MBNA a few weeks ago telling her she HAD been approved for a loan of €30000....She then went ahead & applied for the loan only to have the application declined.....So this makes me ask
    1) Is this method of cold calling allowed by credit companies...
    2) Can the pre approve you & then decline you with no reason & no circumstances changing in the meantime?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

MBNA screw you with their charges for late payments and payment protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

mbna does screw people, they only find out when they have been done.

i got done for late fess and alot more and got a solictor letter sent to them to refund money and i only got 565 yoyos back .

keep away from them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

beller b wrote:
    Was wondering if anyone else has had this experience..
    Friend of mine got a call from MBNA a few weeks ago telling her she HAD been approved for a loan of €30000....She then went ahead & applied for the loan only to have the application declined.....So this makes me ask
    1) Is this method of cold calling allowed by credit companies...
    2) Can the pre approve you & then decline you with no reason & no circumstances changing in the meantime?

ring irsfa and complain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Nuttzz wrote:
    ring irsfa and complain
    Rang them . They say is an issue for advertising standards Authority

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Speaking of airplanes...
    Bank of America in $35bn MBNA buy

Bank of America, the second-biggest bank in the US, is to buy credit card firm MBNA for $35bn (£19.5bn).

The deal will double the size of the bank's credit card operations to 40 million accounts.

Bank of America said the takeover will involve 6,000 job cuts, but gave no further details.

Analysts said the deal was a good one for Bank of America since its size means it is unlikely that it will be allowed to buy any more big banks.

Bank of America currently employs 175,365 people in 35 countries while MBNA has 25,000 staff.

[...]
    Interesting to see if they'll rebrand to BoA over here. Brands like that - BT, BP, BoS - always bug me a little because on the one hand at least their origins and ownership are (relatively) clear, but on the other hand if they can't be bothered to localise a little...

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Mbna loans are crap - i got a letter in the door offering me a loan at 7.5% apr - rang them up and was told it would be 15.9%. I then explained that my mbna card apr was only 10.9% and that its a bit ridculous offering me a load with a higher interest rate than my credit card. I was then offer a load with a 10.5% apr :rolleyes: . Declined that and went with Tesco loans @ 7.9% :)

Btw Mbna are find for credit cards once you cancel payment protection and pay up on time - they have the lowest apr in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Interesting to see if they'll rebrand to BoA over here

It's quite possible that they'll flog MBNA Europe off to someone else, such as HSBC

Advertisement