Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding A Clock

• 11-05-2001 2:27am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to know if it would be possible to get a clock put up in the upper right/left were ever of people's browsers like java applet
    and it's set to the boards.ie time and you can see how long ago people posted relpy's etc. to the boards.ie time
    anyone understand what I am talking about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

yeah i understand it is a good idea but it might cause the page to be slow to load depnding on your browser and modem but still a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

why not just set the clock in the bottem left corner to boards time?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

well com'n
    it woud only slow modemers down about what
    3/4 secsonds for the first visit on board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I wrote an applet like that a while ago, and it's only 3k in size. I don't think this would be much of a problem for anyone. I'd be happy to rewrite it for the boards if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i dont get it.. i mean its that much effort glancing at the windows clock like Shinji said?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Especially since "boards.ie time" is GMT...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Never bothered me tbh :/

Advertisement