Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

George Clinton and The Parliment of Funk Allstars

• 27-06-2005 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

C'mon people, come to this gig.

vicar street, 22nd july.

it WILL be the best nite of your life.

George Clinton and his institution of funk, with 40+ members, will all be on stage, gettin down just for tha funk of it.... :cool:

if you are at all into funky bass lines and non stop dancing, i urge you to get a ticket today!

Feet Don't Fail Me Now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

just booked my tickets can't wait! missed james brown earlier this year and can't get tickets to oxegen so hopefully this will be a kick ass consolation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭dream brother

This will be the best gig of the year by far! Three hours of funk please........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

oh its going to be so good - and its his birthday aswell!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

It was excellent, except for the aprupt ending. Well, it was 3 hours, so I cant feel short changed about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

Best. Gig. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 funkyone

Blisterman wrote:
    It was excellent, except for the aprupt ending. Well, it was 3 hours, so I cant feel short changed about that.
    Great gig.One of the best.
    The reason it was cut short over the curfew at 12 midnight.They could have played for another hour.I hope this was recorded and gets outhere.
    Opening with Bernie playing "When Irish Eyes are smiling" pure class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Why was there a 12 o clock curfew? I mean, clubs stay open till 3 playing Loud music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

I was working at that. Believe me the 12oclock curfew couldnt have come quicker. That band were such a nightmare to deal with. They only arrived in vicar street at half six. Everything started late. That said, the music was fun. And I got to meet george himself, who was asking me could he eat my guitar pedal?

Advertisement