Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere doing trade-in deals?

Options
  • 27-06-2005 2:07pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere doing X amount of xbox games trade in for new games?
    As in give us any 4 games and we'll give you a new game?

I have a stack of games sitting there most of which i wont play again and thought a renovation would be in order only I have no spare cash right now!

Anwhere between Newry and Dublin inclusive is where I'm lookin - I'm in Dundalk you see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the software zone at smiths is and GAME is doing a similar deal but you have to pay 99c

of course the games have to be worth €15 or more before you can get your game

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Decided I'd chance xtra vision cos they are nearby (I was punished for my foolishness) I gave them 4 games, Still life - they never heard of it so couldn't trade it then offered me 18 quid off conker:live and reloaded for Pariah, Driv3r, and Chronicles of Riddick. Fair enough not great games (specifically Driv3r - bought prior to reading reviews) but I would have valued them higher than 18 quid...or am I being naive??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Decided I'd chance xtra vision cos they are nearby (I was punished for my foolishness) I gave them 4 games, Still life - they never heard of it so couldn't trade it then offered me 18 quid off conker:live and reloaded for Pariah, Driv3r, and Chronicles of Riddick. Fair enough not great games (specifically Driv3r - bought prior to reading reviews) but I would have valued them higher than 18 quid...or am I being naive??

In a way....Driver 3 would get you little more then a fiver trade in value most places. Pariah and Riddick however were worth more then that.

You could have sold them second hand online for 15 a piece easily if not more. I'd say even Gamestop woulda roughly given you store credit of the following:

6 for Driv3r
    12 for Riddick
    16/18 for Pariah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Anyone know of anywhere doing X amount of xbox games trade in for new games?
    As in give us any 4 games and we'll give you a new game?

I have a stack of games sitting there most of which i wont play again and thought a renovation would be in order only I have no spare cash right now!

Anwhere between Newry and Dublin inclusive is where I'm lookin - I'm in Dundalk you see.

If it's not too much trouble, could you list the games you have. Folk (myself included) might take a few off of your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

you would get about 10 or less for driver 3. around 18 for pariah alone and around a tenner for chronicles of riddick in GAME. not exact prices but close enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement