Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Mieville

Options
  • 27-06-2005 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of this author's new book "Iron Council". Ever since I read "Perdido Street Station" and then "The Scar", i've been a fan of this writer. I love his creation of the city of New Crobuzon and the people and creatures that inhabit it.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is a fan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Yup im a big fan - likewise i've read Perdido Street Station & The Scar and am waiting for the paperback of Iron Council. He also has a semi-fantasy novel out called King Rat. I've yet to read that though.

Perdido Street Station and The Scar have been the first fantasy books to engage me in a long long time. I know its trite to say it but I really felt immersed in the city of New Crobuzon and the descriptions of its various races brought the place to life. I was disappointed when the Scar moved the action away from New Crobuzon but if anything it was a better bok than Perdido Street Station.

The only question for me now is whether to read Iron Council first or Dan Simmions' Olympos :)

Advertisement