Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop CPU usage not correct

• 27-06-2005 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi
    First time posting.

I have a Dell 1.4 Centrino laptop,
    512MB RAM,
    XP
    Microsoft word excel.
    I have/had noticed some time ago that when I play music on WMP10 the songs are skipping notes or it sounds like the WMP cannot keep up with the song.
    I have also noticed that the start-up and shutdown sound is also the same.
    A couple of weeks ago the optical mouse was not working correctly. It was like skipping across the screen. I got hold of a new mouse which made no difference.

Last night I checked the task manager . The CPU usage is always around the 25 to 40 % range even when there is nothing open except the task manager. I was also running Spybot last night and the CPU usage was 100%

There are no virus or spyware.

I just don’t know what is wrong but the laptop is definitely not working to its full potential.

I hope someone can help as it is annoying now that I notice it.

Also running XP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Update all your antivirus and anti spyware and run them in safe mode. If that makes no difference I would recommend that you reinstall windows xp!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Thanks galwaydude18

But I updated XP sp2 from the web. How do I go about reinstalling it again?

Thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

If you use the "Windows Update Catalog" (found from the Administrator option in the Windows Update section), you can download the updates to your hard drive for future use or use on multiple PCs. If you do this with SP2 for example, you can burn it to a CD and whenever you need to re-install, you don't need to download the whole thing again. Unfortunately, you now do have to download it after re-installing, since you performed an auto web update.

Advertisement