Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preview your posts ...

Options
  • 12-05-2001 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

... which has probably been suggested before.
    But would it be possible to have a preview button beside the submit button so you can read over your posts? Considering this months Post of the Month I think it might be welcomed by a lot of people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Well I thought it was a good idea.

*indignant sniff*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

you could just read the text that you've just written.
    i mean its not as if theres major formatting to be added to posts to make it legible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

An idea is an idea, and yea gota respect that.
    But IMHO I think that having to preview your pot before you submit would be annoying :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OJ:
    An idea is an idea, and yea gota respect that.
    But IMHO I think that having to preview your pot before you submit would be annoying :/
    </font>

Agreed, it seems like a pointless extra step that needs to be taken. Surely you'll have some idea what it'll look like- apart from images, it's not all that different from what you enter in the text box.

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well your text would be on a different backround smile.gif
    There's a difference for yea

• Advertisement

You wouldn't have to preview if you didn't want to. I'm for every seeing silly mistakes after I post or when I come back some time later. The different background does make a difference. Just seemed that it would be handy for me, and maybe a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Your so vain, you probably think this post is about you....

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amp:
    Your so vain, you probably think this post is about you....

</font>

It should be included just for me coz I'm special!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i think it's a sound idea. you could maybe add an extra button, so not to have it on automatically.

Advertisement