Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea For New Forum- Games: Tweaking

Options
  • 10-05-2001 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

I'd really love to get a new forum up in the Games Section for Tweaking/Customizing Games such as Tribes2/Half-Life Mods/Quake. It's my experience that almost everyone gamer i know does not have there PC at home set up to get the most out of there games. Also its essential to have a perfectly setup config as it can add so much to your game, Tribes 2 scripting is a language in itself and Counter Strike is so customizable the difference between a good config and defaults can be as much as 100 FPS.

So, hows about it?

[This message has been edited by [fist]Pi$$er (edited 10-05-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

yeh sure sounds good smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

sounds like a novelty idea to me. everyone that plays cs knows how much tweaking can increase your fps and help you in your game.

that goes for tribes2 cause it runs like a sloth monkey on eez and coke on my machine.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

That sounds like a great idea for a new popular forum. i've seen many people complaining about lag and never doing anything about it....

i'm avaliable to help out if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭[-CSA-]-[Gideon]-*

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

and and dont forget about UT also a great Idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

pffft UT pants tongue.giftongue.gif

but good idea pi$$ lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lexual

Good idea m8.

If anyone knows their way round Q3 Urban Terror scripting I'll be looking out for tips smile.gif

Lex.

Clan |.RaDoX.|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭jes

yes anything that involves tweaking sounds good to me

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

A simple, yet nice idea!
    Specially handy for those "Slightly New" to Gaming peeps...

Then again, I've been playing HL + Mods (And various other games) for yonks and I, myself, am always fiddling with configurations, tweaks and the like...

Would be good for all of us icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭[DnC]Mr.Tickle

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sev:
    </font>

Well said Sev!

I think this is a great idea! it will also stop peeps continuosly asking "how do you get an extra 2.45fps" tongue.gif

Great idea mate!

-Tickle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

isnt that what the individual forums are for?
    i mean whats the point of having 50 boards, if people very few people post to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i mean whats the point of having 50 boards, if people very few people post to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Great idea, im all for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭[fist]Pi$$er

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    </font>

I Don't quite understand yr point, could u rephraze b4 i reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Yes excellent idea.
    SOunds very good!!!
    biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 [clergy]Cardinal

Wan ****er that sounds like a class idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I think it's a pretty good idea, there are lots of threads on the CS board in particular about tweaking it, and these are of no interest to anyone who doesn't tweak their games, would be handy to have them all in one place, as long as it was getting enough traffic smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

****Ire, sounds like a good idea.

Snowball.

Another sign in name ... he ... whats new.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

What a ster£ing idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Yeah, I'm for it, I'll help out if you want psire smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

tbh theres only three different kinds of tweaking scripts..
    the one that makes things look ugly and go fast.
    the one that makes things look great and go slow.
    and the one that is a compromise of the above.

all thats changed from person to person is key configurations.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I also give me support, i think its just so gary can have mod somewhere, but it will be a good idea since a lot of people have terrible scripts that need some minor tweaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

To quote sev: " " smile.gif

Originally posted by Lucy_la_morte:
    J'adore richindub2 mais pas le Spam.
    0o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭[fist]Pi$$er

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kali:

all thats changed from person to person is key configurations.
    </font>

U'd Be surprised Kali. 4 instance Planet Cyber Cafe have TnT2m64 graphix cards and were gettin LAN FPS of 30!!!!!!! The problem was simple, they had no software installed other then windows standard. i d/led Detonator drivers installed em. Suddenly double the FPS!!!!!

Every1 should know this, and we're constantly gonna have the same questions being askedunless there is a specific forum 4 it. Constantly answering Qs and posting links to new drivers, scripts, methods, guides, programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

you could make it a mapping / models board too as these are kinda customizing games also.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

I dont really believe its that good an idea, perhaps a page with tweaking tips on it, and a board that can discuss the information/suggest new, but as for a board just for tweaking, it aint going to work, as there will be posts from everyone with totally different options only confusing the matter, there would have to be some set tweaking guides. This is what the pages would be needed for.

Leverz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I don't think this is a good idea for several reasons.

Firstly being that some of the most annoying kids I know on IRC think they are experts in everything computer related when in fact they are clueless. I can see a tweaking board turn into a huge kiddie flame war full of <insert age here> year olds with inflated egos and no brains.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    we're constantly gonna have the same questions being askedunless there is a specific forum 4 it</font>

I also think this statement is going to hold true even if you do have a tweaking forum gary. From looking at other tweaking forums including the rage3d ones and various cs ones the same questions are asked again and again. Hardly anyone seems to ever search the forums for older threads relating to their prob before mindlessly sticking up another repeptitive problem.

No I think a general tweaking FAQ on each area a majority of people are having problems with is a much better idea.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">4 instance Planet Cyber Cafe have TnT2m64 graphix cards and were gettin LAN FPS of 30!!!!!!! The problem was simple, they had no software installed other then windows standard</font>

These people don't need tweaking tips they need brains. They're obviously idiots.

All in all I think it would be more hassle than good and a good idea but in reality it would cause alot of gried and alot of flames and wouldn't be much help.

.logic.

SO WHEN ARE THE ADMINS GOING TO SAY IF THEY ARE EVEN GOING TO CONSIDER THIS ONE??????????????

Snowball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

As soon as you stop posting in caps and bold.

.logic.

• Advertisement

Logic if ur sont shut up I'll post like that for ever and ever biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Snowball.

Advertisement