Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea For New Forum- Games: Tweaking

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

If you don't start speaking in english soon I'm gonna beat you.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

Logic, sorry about my spelling, but it comes with being Dyslexic!!!

Snowball.

Another sign in name ... he ... whats new.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭[fist]Pi$$er

OK, so I kinda got this application kinda mucked up.

The way I had planned for this too work out was to start it off on community boards, and then, if it was successfull, it would become its own area. I presumed that was all forums got started, but it ain't.

So, em, Topic is a Community boards application, post-humously smile.gif .

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're considering it but the Boards have quadrupled in activity since the start of the year and things are busy for all the admins at the moment!

Anyway, its being reapplied for as a community site. We'll see how it does there.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

I'm new to this whole UBB malarkey (more of an NNTP guy...)
    Is it possible to have sub-groups of the various boards? You could have a tweaking sub group of the various game boards...
    Although I don't think that would really solve this, as the number of postings
    increase as the number of boards increase...

Perhaps a better solution would be to have
    various FAQs associated with the boards,
    if the moderators/admins were up to it, they could stick suggested answers to repeated
    questions in the FAQ and _hopefully_ people
    would go there rather than posting the same question again.

Although that would add an extra bit of work onto the moderators shoulders.
    Perhaps they could delegate particular FAQs to responsible (*lol*) people to maintain...

Just throwing ideas...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

yeah , brill idea!

Advertisement