Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Tayto

• 27-06-2005 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

I heard on Saturday that Ireland's Tayto Crisps factory in Coolock Dublin 5 is to close with over 100 jobs lost. I remember buying my first packet of Tayto for 4d many many moons ago. :mad: Can't stand any of these foreign crisps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Irish Tayto is fscking disgusting, there's always a sort of burnt/overcooked taste off them. The Tayto you get in Northern Ireland is much superior!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

eth0_ wrote:
    Irish Tayto is fscking disgusting, there's always a sort of burnt/overcooked taste off them. The Tayto you get in Northern Ireland is much superior!
    Shakes head in disappointment..... "There's always one"!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

memphis wrote:
    Shakes head in disappointment..... "There's always one"!!!!

/echoes "there's always one"

I love an aul pack of Tayto's now and again. I'd be disappointed if it closed to say the least.

I must sample a pack of these famous better tasting northern crisps next time I'm up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

the opnion in the north and when people come over from england is the irish tayto are the win. Grass greener etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭irishboy19

always loved king crisps.
    way fresher
    does any body remember the tayto pub crisps in the large bag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

axtradub12 wrote:
    I heard on Saturday that Ireland's Tayto Crisps factory in Coolock Dublin 5 is to close with over 100 jobs lost. I remember buying my first packet of Tayto for 4d many many moons ago. :mad: Can't stand any of these foreign crisps.

I'm fairly sure this isn't the end of tayto. They're just moving production to Ashbourne in Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Ashbourne? Isn't that where Hunky Dory's produce their crisps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

It's not Ashbourne, it's Co. Down I think.

memphis wrote:
    Ashbourne? Isn't that where Hunky Dory's produce their crisps?

That's right yes. Tayto have factories in Terenure, maybe they're moving it somewhere like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bunker

Tayto were bought by largo foods who make hunky dorys and perri i think

• Advertisement

Well that would explain them moving to Ashbourne then. Thank you sir.

Advertisement