Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms very likely Tuesday evening and wenesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Experts suggest storms should go on through the night and
    current indications suggest mesocyclone formation :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

Basically one huge thunderstorm heading north :D:D

Just to note there is a Thunderstorm currrently sat over south Dublin (Wicklow)
    which is slowly heading north! This is just a precursor of what's to come
    later.

Southern Wales is currently getting plummeled and this is all heading
    nortwest :D:D:D

3EF_PS_0.GIF

yup Wcheck thats the yoke that passed through here over an hour ago,It has sped up since it got onto the ashford by pass :D as it lingered over wexford for hours before passing through here.
    Theres not much thunder in it though.
    It got very black here and we had one flash of lightning with that storm thats bearing down on ye now and only a few low rumbles with just 10 mins of heavy rain.

Dry since but theres what I would call an awfull lot of menacingly loud and constant rumbling here now.
    Louder than we've had all day so the works cant be far away.

Seconds up round two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I have a small request and I might get spanked for asking. Can someone post a link (the most detailed if possible) so I can keep a sharp eye on the weathers progress? I have tried a few links already but they arent great. Its just Im workin till 12 and I need some kind of stimulation. This weather system has me all excited :D

First miss! Your storm seems to have taken a sharp westerly turn
    just to avoid my neck of the woods :rolleyes:

Im used to it tho :D;)

• Advertisement

yeah loobz.
    If its radar you want just simply sign up for the free trial here

I'm a couple of miles west of Arklow on the wexford border by the way and the thunder is rumbling away non stop at the moment.
    If and when it comes overhead this pc will be switched off again-one computer/modem explosion is enough in my lifetime thanks :D

Very nasty thunder here now :eek:
    cg lightning all to the south of me-no rain its mad!

turning off the pc for now for the sake of my modem and my puter!

Thanks Earthman. Having difficulty finding images on there, but thanks anyway. ;)

That lightning was on the south coast at 630 :eek:

Must be a mighty high storm :D

large hail!

/me gone now!

• Advertisement

Earthman how do you get the free trial again mine ran out a while ago!

What's the URL??

Just been outside. Its raining steadily, no sign of thunder or lightning in Waterford City yet. :(

Thunderstorm in Wexford at 7pm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Just heard a bit of thunder a few minutes ago but nothing since. Im in Dunlaoghaire. It was raining a while ago but nothing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Plenty of rumbles now. Estimate to be 3- 5 miles away. First distant rumbles heard about an hour back.

I can hear hail now. Feck it, by the time I get out I will hae missed all this :(:(:(

Dark Dark Clouds rolling in of the sea now!! :D

ok its raining and very dark in dunlaoghaire now. I hope we gets a belter of a storm.

Just been outside again, very light rain at the moment and cloudy. Is that it? Please say theres more. Looks like twas just heavy rain at the most :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hard to know what to expect, the darn avbrief radar show very different intensities in the Irish sea ever 15 mins, the sferics all remain to the east in Wales and the very se of Ireland..looks like we may miss out here in Dublin.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭crazy days

I just heard a rumble :eek: .....the neighbours pulling in her bin, who says the weathers boring???? was just in Dun Laoighaire and it's pretty nice and dry there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Got sat dish point to 1W ..signal falling off nicely..most up to date weather radar there is!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Dont know what part of Dunlaoghaire you were in but its pissing here where i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭crazy days

your right it's raining now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light rain showers here and dark skies every now and then but no thunder or lightning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Just started to rain in Killester. Heres hoping for a good storm, although none of the lightning charts show alot of lightning over Ireland.

Havent heard thunder here in nearly two hours.There was heavy rain untill a few minutes ago.
    S Wicklow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah the lightning charts are showing little or no action in ireland but lots over western uk and the south, i really dont think were gonna get much if anything apart from some rain showers. Perhaps we will have better luck later on tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Hopefully. I can't remember the last time I've seen a thunder storm in Dublin.

EDIT: Seems to be a bit more action over Ireland. The rain seems to be getting heavier.

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/index.cgi?action=charts;type=uklightning

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote:
    yeah the lightning charts are showing little or no action in ireland but lots over western uk and the south, i really dont think were gonna get much if anything apart from some rain showers. Perhaps we will have better luck later on tonight or tomorrow.

If you look download this animation and then hover your mouse over the blue bar at the top moving the white line you can see the cloud progression since midnight to about 15 minutes ago.
    It shows a westward and northwards progression in a curve up from central southern England out through wales.
    The southern half of the cloud wants to go to Ireland ie some of the storms now over wales may drift west over the East coast and Dublin if that trend continues.
    The low pressure around which this outer ring is circulating is getting closer so it's unlikely that they will fizzle out in the next few hours.
    They may get weaker but one thing that cant be ruled out is a lot of rain.

Advertisement