Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms very likely Tuesday evening and wenesday

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Danno wrote:
    Evelyn was in full ramp mode at 18.55. "Tornadoes???" was on the screen!

Evelyn needs her head examined if she really did post that, cape , li and sheer almost 99.99999999999999999999999% rule that out, some areas inland a bit might seem some localized thunderstorms as cape values are reasonable inland (nothing to get excited about tbh).
    Showers are possible..but thunderstorms are likely to be very localized affairs and pretty weak as thunderstorms go.

Sorry to rain on Evelns parade but some realism needs to be brought to the topic, on the other hand I'd do the same in winter if I got a sniff of snow, nothing wrong with a meteorologist being enthusiastic about their preferred weather type :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Danno wrote:

Nice anvil formation there Danno, any hail beneath that ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Big **** off shower with added lightning in Ashtown/Blanchardstown in the last hour.

Was going to drive to Blanch, then I saw the dual carriageway along the old race course was blocked (a lá November 2002). Went down River Road, which was apt, as it was a river! Lots of floods there. Got to the Castleknock/Auburn Ave roundabout and turned back.

Mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Danno wrote:
    I am in south Laois and the sun is shining over the tops of the cloud over Tipp, looks menacing over there, b

LOL I'm in Tipp near Roscrea,just back from a spin on my bike and got wet to the bo****
    V heavy rain but no thunder/lighning

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

DMC wrote:
    Big **** off shower with added lightning in Ashtown/Blanchardstown in the last hour.

Was going to drive to Blanch, then I saw the dual carriageway along the old race course was blocked (a lá November 2002). Went down River Road, which was apt, as it was a river! Lots of floods there. Got to the Castleknock/Auburn Ave roundabout and turned back.

Mental.

Nice !!, thats only a few miles inland from me here and not a drop :(

LOL I'm in Tipp near Roscrea,just back from a spin on my bike and got wet to the bo****
    V heavy rain but no thunder/lighning

Is a line of heavy showers in your area, wouldnt discount thunder there in the next hour or so !!

Thanks for that Longfield,Must disconnect my radio antennas although the static crashes I'm hearing seem distant(famous last words !!)

Most weather sites are showing up lightning activity over N Tipp :O

Danno wrote:
    Most weather sites are showing up lightning activity over N Tipp :O

Hope CrowdedHouse did disconnect any sensitive equipment in time!!

• Advertisement

Antennas are disconnected ok but no lightning or thunder to report - pity !

Moderate rain here at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Darwin

Some very pinkish looking Cumulonimbus north of me (Mountrath) around 6.30pm and dark clouds to the west along with distant rumblings. Nothing much since, forecast at 9.30 suggested a lot of activity around Tipp.

Alot of patchy cloud is around obscuring the views of the towering storms over Tipp.

Cusack hinted at another 4 hours of this or so... hope they get a move on and push into the east mids... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Unplug adsl modems and anything else you can think of everynight.
    I had the shyte blown out of my on-board ethernet card (Packard Bell Easynote laptop) about 2 weeks ago by a massive storm down here at 5am.
    Had to buy a usb modem €75 then that got fupped up by Limewire. I know I know. I have learned my lesson. It rewrote the admin password on the modem so it wouldn't work as a gateway anymore. Baaaaaastaaaaaard.
    Had to buy another all within 2 weeks. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Whats this I hear about tornadoes? Just on the phone to my girlfriend and she said that Met Eireann are giving warnings on rte about tornadoes? Any truth to this? :confused:

True... tornados were mentioned on both the 18.55 and 21.25 forecasts.

Where is weathercheck???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Im here :D But missed the forecast :D

In all honesty i doybt they'll be any tornadoes but a real
    nice storm line developing across the mids :D;)

Loobz wrote:
    Whats this I hear about tornadoes? Just on the phone to my girlfriend and she said that Met Eireann are giving warnings on rte about tornadoes? Any truth to this? :confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2980559&postcount=93

Not going to happen and never were!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Gonzo wrote:
    very strange weather here, its very very warm, about 22c, the sun is shining strong but it is pouring rain at the same time and theres some dark cloud behind our house on the southern side but no thunder yet.

What timezone is Dunshaughlin in?

Or for you English Students...

In which timezone is Dunshaughlin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Anything due for Waterford/Wexford overnight? Or had we our fair share last night?

Advertisement