Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M2 Emmedue

Options
  • 27-06-2005 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all

I'm hoping to build a house on my corner garden in Castleknock....have been looking at timber frame and other type building material. However, I have heard of a new system called M2 Emmedue, panels of reinforced polystyrene, now being built in a factory in Portarlington. Apparently, as well as helping to dramatically cut heating costs, the panels also insulate against noise and are fire resistant.

Anyone hear anything good/bad about this building method?

I hope to build something between 1650 and 1700 square feet and have budgeted for approx Euro 140/square foot for decent build....am I far out in estimation? Obviously, to build in Dublin as opposed to the country would probably work out more expensive (hopefully not much more though).

Thanks for all help.

Cheers for now and I'll let you know how it goes from planning application to final house build (hopefully).

Larrymo

Advertisement