Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrist tattoo/different placement

Options
  • 27-06-2005 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had one done, either on the inside or outside of wrist - any experiences to share, comparing wrist tattoo to others placed elsewhere....
    Am very keen to get one(on wrist) but had extremely BAD experience with my first tattoo, and a very good one when it was fixed, so I would like to know how much more sensitive the wrist area might be compared to other places!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

No matter where you get the tattoo, it's gonna hurt. I'd say that pain should be the last thing on your list of things to consider when going for a tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

qz wrote:
    No matter where you get the tattoo, it's gonna hurt. I'd say that pain should be the last thing on your list of things to consider when going for a tattoo.

Erm - I know, and it is not the first thing on my mind. I have experienced extreme pain, and mild discomfort.
    Twas just a question..........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

dragona wrote:
    Erm - I know, and it is not the first thing on my mind. I have experienced extreme pain, and mild discomfort.
    Twas just a question..........

Mine twas just an answer :D

qz wrote:
    Mine twas just an answer :D

Yeah but you implied that pain was the was the most important thing..... which it is not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

i have a tattoo around my left wrist. its a latin quote in really nice script and the letters arent huge but big enough.

obviously the inside of the wrist was painful but because mine is writing it didnt take too long and it looks really nice.

have had many compliments on it, one was even from a tattoo artist who said the lines were fantastic....so i would recommend a guy called mick who used to work in Celestial Ring but now has a new studio in Swords, Co. Dublin with cathal who also worked there (and in Miss Fantasia before that).

i would definitely recommend the wrist for a tattoo.

now roll on payday so i can get the back of my neck done! \o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

i have a tattoo around my left wrist. its a latin quote in really nice script and the letters arent huge but big enough.

obviously the inside of the wrist was painful but because mine is writing it didnt take too long and it looks really nice.

have had many compliments on it, one was even from a tattoo artist who said the lines were fantastic....so i would recommend a guy called mick who used to work in Celestial Ring but now has a new studio in Swords, Co. Dublin with cathal who also worked there (and in Miss Fantasia before that).

i would definitely recommend the wrist for a tattoo.

now roll on payday so i can get the back of my neck done! \o/
    I'll back peachy on this one, it's a deadly tattoo... nice and subtle which is the name of the game on a tattoo in such an obvious place (obvious in an "uncoverupablewithclothes" kinda way)

I would get one on my wrist but I'd like to have something I could cover up in the event of having a job and I dislike wristbands so I don't think I'll be getting one there... it's bad enough always having to wear long sleeve tshirts with a tattoo on my forearm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I have part of one on my wrist and it was extremely painful to get done in parts but not as painful as the crook of the arm, if that's any help to you, but in fairness it is all relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

inside of my wrist, it hurt but I'd prolly go with Blub and say when I had my second done and had a small bit of the design go into the crook of the elbow that hurt more that the wrist. Altho the wrist still hurt like a ****er in parts but pain is relative and anyway.... Once ya start it's not like u can back out :)

Tell you what I want - three little stars, shaded and coloured, to symbolise my children.( two blue and one pink!!)

Inside or outside of wrist, I haven't decided yet. I just want it to to be visible, that is why I thought of the wrist area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

that sounds lovely :)

if it was me i'd go for the inside of the wrist. subtle yet still visible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

dragona wrote:
    Tell you what I want - three little stars, shaded and coloured, to symbolise my children.( two blue and one pink!!)

Inside or outside of wrist, I haven't decided yet. I just want it to to be visible, that is why I thought of the wrist area.

I actually have stars on my inside wrist.. symbolizes my angels... i love it.. thought it was gonna hurt like hell but it's really not that bad... you've had kids so your pain threshold will be high anyway!

OK - I'm having it done tomorrow morning - now comes the agonising over how I want it done. Three stars, same size, different sizes,biggish, smallish, above or next to each other, random, in a pattern.......... Can't decide!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

How about you get them in three different sizes to symbolize which order you kids came in

How about you get them in three different sizes to symbolize which order you kids came in

Yep, maybe......... :)

She-Ra wrote:
    I actually have stars on my inside wrist.. symbolizes my angels... i love it.. thought it was gonna hurt like hell but it's really not that bad... you've had kids so your pain threshold will be high anyway!

Any pics? Would love to see it!

This is what my son has done on paint

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

maybe spread it out a little bit more than that, it looks a little too bunched up (but at the same time you dont want them too far apart either).
    Looks nice otherwise, what's the other star for, if you don't mind me asking?

I'd probably say go for a more detailed shade too, maybe like a fade from deep blue to light blue or something!

flogen wrote:
    maybe spread it out a little bit more than that, it looks a little too bunched up (but at the same time you dont want them too far apart either).
    Looks nice otherwise, what's the other star for, if you don't mind me asking?

I'd probably say go for a more detailed shade too, maybe like a fade from deep blue to light blue or something!

Yep thanks - spread out would be better! The other star(don't laugh) is my dog,whom I ADORE as much as (and often more than!!)my children and yes he is a black dog!
    Colourwise, we couldn't get the fade effect using paint, but that is what I had in mind. Only dunno, light in the centre fading to dark, or the other way around????How far down my wrist, over the veins or above??? I have to make all these life - changing decisions by the morning..... :)

Right then - any quick tips before I go?? :D

DONE!!!
    Bigger than I originally decided, quite different in fact but oh so cool....
    Not painful AT ALL!

Come on lets see

• Advertisement

need to find batteries for my camera first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

dragona wrote:
    Any pics? Would love to see it!

This is what my son has done on paint
    i just had some taken.. i'll post them up when i get them :) and cool you got it done... do ya love it?!?!

dragona wrote:
    need to find batteries for my camera first!
    Hurry up we want to see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

dragona wrote:
    Not painful AT ALL!

see nothing compared to havin kids....I'm glad I'll never have to have kids

Blub2k4 wrote:
    see nothing compared to havin kids....I'm glad I'll never have to have kids
    What are you talking about? Haven't you ever seen Junior?

;)

I soooooo want to show you but................

My camera is fecked....tomorrow or weds for sure!
    By the way - we are researching lion or wolf pics with a view to another tattoo, have not found ONE we like, any good links anyone??????

Haven't got any links but i can reccomend an artist if i could remember his name(think its wayne) its the parlour out in bray (think its the only one there). but my uncle has a couple of wolf tattoos by him and they are really good

Haven't got any links but i can reccomend an artist if i could remember his name(think its wayne) its the parlour out in bray (think its the only one there). but my uncle has a couple of wolf tattoos by him and they are really good
    not atattooed is it?

I'm not too sure at all.

• Advertisement

here we are then, my new stars! :)

Third star needs a bit more blue though in real life it doesn't look half and half

Advertisement